Randy Rhoads Documentary

Talk about your favorite bands new and old and any other music related topics.

Moderators: guitarguy510, ned

guitarzan
Donating Member

Randy Rhoads Documentary

Post by guitarzan » Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:32 pm

http://www.redmatchproductions.com/
I just got this yesterday and it is really cool. The coffee table book has tons of unseen photos of Randy from the Quiet Riot days. The DVD documentary is amazing. Lots of footage you've never seen before. My favorite was the Laughing Gas solo from the Starwood. I've seen alot of the bootleg videos but this was the best footage of Randy with QR. It doesn't really get into the Ozzy years much but does give you a great feel for Randy as a person from some of his closest friends. Check it out!
Syn1, Syn2, Syn50/50, MOD50, M4, Hilly's RM100 modded to dual, RM4 modded to dual channel. G-Major 2, Eventide Eclipse, Mesa 20/20, Fryette Powerstation, Friedman Smallbox Combo, 1979 Marshall JMP 50 modded to BE/HBE by Friedman. Tons of modules.

zepplin490
Lynch Box

Post by zepplin490 » Sat Apr 06, 2013 5:14 am

Sweet ill have to check it out, Randy revolutionized the world of metal guitar his leads and rtyhm work still stand the test of time as some of the greatest in music history. Those first 2 ozzy albums are in my top 5 albums ever mostly due to randys contribution!
-mp-
Randall RM100, with a Randall Warhead V30cab,
Voodoo UG Jose
Good Deals With: Everyone

guitarzan
Donating Member

Post by guitarzan » Sat Apr 06, 2013 12:36 pm

For sure. This documentary talks to his friends that really knew him from high school. Was cool to here all the stories of his youth. I was lucky enough to see the Blizzard tour with Motorhead opening. I camped out for the Diary tour and got front row tickets. Sadly, the crash was before the show and I got to see Brad whammy bar bator Gillis instead.
Syn1, Syn2, Syn50/50, MOD50, M4, Hilly's RM100 modded to dual, RM4 modded to dual channel. G-Major 2, Eventide Eclipse, Mesa 20/20, Fryette Powerstation, Friedman Smallbox Combo, 1979 Marshall JMP 50 modded to BE/HBE by Friedman. Tons of modules.

gag halfrunt
Lynch Box

Post by gag halfrunt » Sun Apr 07, 2013 2:12 am

Very cool!
My Band's website (I'm Bill, the lead guitarist): www.impossibletuesday.com/about.html

Kemper into Atomic CLR neo.