m13 LOUD HUMMM

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You gotta highlight which scene you want,than go to your looper button and hold it down.This will let you assign which effects you want.Once you've got your effect done don't touch it again.Go to you scene button and click it.While your on the scene you gotta assign which modual you want it for.You have to hold the channel button for 5-10 seconds.That's it,do that for all 4 moduals.

schlagdog said:
I use the M13 with all my amps. I use banks 1-3 for pre effects and bank 4 for post. Bank one is just different over drives. Bank 2 is phasers, flange Bank 3 I have a pitch and a pitch set up like a digitech whammy. Then the 4th bank is in the loop and I have a reverb, delay, and I actually use a noise gate that I have on when the delay and reverb isn't that goes through the loop and makes the amp dead quiet. Since the M13 already have a built in pre noise gate I then stick one in the loop and you can barely tell the amp is on. My RM100 switches channels when you use patch 1-3 on the m13 so I just name the patches my module names. The one thing I didn't like about the m13 is there is no auto engage for the wah. You have to step on the button then use an expression pedal. I haven't looked for over a year to see if they ever wrote that into the firmware but they really needed to if they didn't already.

that sucks that theres no pedal that has a toe switch. i have an old vetta and the fbv longboard has expression pedals built on with toe switches to engage wah and pitch shift.

Got a ebtech hum eliminator,works a little(not much)still pretty noisy.Anyone know how these things hook-up?I went m13 output>In of H.E.>out of H.E to return of parallel loop,fx send of m13>rm4 input,rm4 send>>m13 return,guitar into input of m13.

I wouldn't have thought that the HE would be particularly effective in a parallel loop, since the core signal remains untouched. Parallel loops are used when you want an effect to run alongside your tone, like delay, reverb, etc.

Have you tried the HE in the series loop? That way it will affect your entire signal.

I've tried it in the series loop before,when I switch effects there's a short pause before it switches and the effects sound like crap.The hum is even louder in the series loop.

i put my m13 through the series because in the parallel there is this weird phasey thing. works great in series, and most of the hum went away when using the ebtech

make sure your FX order is right. you want to make sure stuff like compressor, distortion, and phase is before the m13's loop. pitch fx, chorus, delay, reverb you want inside the m13's loop.

is the output of the rm4's fx loop the same as the rm100? if so you should have gotten an ebtech line level shifter. it has the hum removal built in and will step down the loop send from +4 to -10 so the m13 is not overloaded. then step it back up from -10 to +4 returning to the amp

make sure the power brick for the m13 is far away from any cables. i had a bad hum when my brick was laying on top of my cables

No matter what,no matter how any way I make a connection series,parallel whatever this m13 is NOISEY.Can anyone that has one help me figure this out.Christ, everybody says it works but not for me.HELP ME PLEASE

walshinator666 said:
No matter what,no matter how any way I make a connection series,parallel whatever this m13 is NOISEY.Can anyone that has one help me figure this out.Christ, everybody says it works but not for me.HELP ME PLEASE
I have two questions:

1: Have you tested this unit with any other amp in the same configuration and just going straight into the front without the 4CM? What's the result?

2: Can you post a simple video to illustrate the noise? An iPhone is fine.

If so, email me and send a link to it.

Rob

Sounds like a ground loop. Ever try throwing a transformer isolated ab box, like a big shot somewhere in the chain?

Latest posts