Simple to use but good quality rack fx unit?

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Totenkampf

Reaction score
I am currently running a Digitech 2120 unit for effects and it does an okay job but it is an older unit so I( am wondering if there is something out there that is better but wont require me to delve into endless menus and patches. I am looking for a TC Electrics G-Sharp for reverb and delays so I can place that last in my chain after the prorack g noise supressor so that will be covered but what about pre-gain effects and nice chorus and detunering/octavotors? Is the older G-Major much of an upgrade and still as easy to use as the advertisements propose? What are other choices, btw I love knobs. knobs are good, many menus and submenus are bad. i want to play not jack around with setup.

I'd be interested to hear from someone who can compare the effects of the G Major and the GSP1101. I'm not talking about the amp simulator section of the 1101 - presumably that is not an issue if the Randall MTS modules are in the picture. But how do the reverbs, delays, and other effects of the G Major compare to the 1101?

I own 2 g major version 2's, a g major 1 and a Gsp1101. The TC stuff is a bit better or more transparent but the gsp1101 is easier to program and has killer pedal simulations. I use both in one of my rigs. The Digitech has the upper hand in its preamp and pedal routing capability but the g major is stereo and has the ability to change your amp channels remotely.

thanks for the reply mydemise, GSP and GMajor I can be had at a decent price so those are nice options. i have heard that the GMajor II is not as robustly built, does it have many good advantages? Stereo is definately a must for me since my setup will be dual mono from the pint after the tuner.