Review: Foglifter in RM100/RM50 (presence/density upgrade)

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LunatiBSW

Reaction score

Just installed the Jaded Faith Foglifter presence and density boards: Huge difference. This is the email I sent to Rob: I also just got in the "snakebite" mod which is also covered in email.

"First off, Install was easy, the longest part is removing/reinstalling the chassis.
To me, the biggest difference was how much cleaner and more 3d the amp sounded. I get a stronger, but also more musical harmonic content through clean & gain mods. The cleans seem much more present but yet still remain very warm and juicy. That Vybe deluxe is a true favorite of mine for the clean, pushed tones, and the foglifters gave it such a beautiful juiciness That I've never played before, truly inspiring.
Then to the hi gainers; which sound just beautiful and ballsy.
When you said "it takes away the bloat", I couldn't describe it better. It fills the room with such musicality, I couldn't stop smiling, and it "fills" the room much better also. It made my amps/mods sound better than they ever have before. The UltraLead just pounds the **** out of the low end spectrum with a superb amount of cut. I can get such clean, powerful, earth shaking thump from that module that I couldn't quite dial in before.
The snakebite is super cool with all the tone sculpting options. It's fun to see how they all interact. This thing is so brutal. It literally sounds like it wants to rip my speakers (in a good way). It's everything I've ever wanted in a recto tone. It's a keeper for sure, and a great addition to the hi gainers I own. I feel like a kid in a candy store now picking and choosing tones. The mid controls just make it rip, I can get tones out of it that I can't get from my XMG+ (which I was using to get certain metal tones). I think they all can warrant being different enough for me to keep, which is amazing! Super happy and inspired. Funny thing is, my favorite mod, the mark x, sounds even better as well. The foglifter has enabled this phenomenal sound form the mark x, it just nails the mesa tone now. Didn't think it could get better, but you never cease to impress me Rob. It has this more natural compression that sounds so **** good when playing my lamb of god covers. Nails their sound. "

These are my opinions, maybe they'll help others/ maybe not. But I loved the results.

That Snakebite is fucking amazing isn't it?! I can't stop playing it, it has this low end RIP that I've never heard out of any other module...exactly as you described it. I was trying to resist tearing my amp apart to get to the boards, but I guess it's time to go for it. Thanks for the review.

Totenkampf said:
Is Rob making a version for the RT2/50?

I asked him this question last week. His response was:

The concept is exactly the same for all the amps, so it's do-able for any of them. I'll be ordering the PCB's early next week and should have them around early May. You can always send in a donor for a tweak as well.

Scha-wing. Since I am still honeymooning with my rt I may just wait until he gets his in.... But then I did just get delivery confirmation that the velocity valve is in da house!

LunatiBSW - did you update from the older wrong values board to this? Or from the newer one with the correct values but this is now better than even that one? I'm waiting on the new PCB ones and replacing my RM100's board. Wondering if I should do my RM50 as well that seems to have the correct pots (I think)..

Brandon: Thanks for the review and glad you are digging your Foglifters! His PCB's were the "correct specs" originally as he mentioned.

JayDA said:
That Snakebite is f&*king amazing isn't it?! I can't stop playing it, it has this low end RIP that I've never heard out of any other module...exactly as you described it. I was trying to resist tearing my amp apart to get to the boards, but I guess it's time to go for it. Thanks for the review.

Do it now Jay, it is a pretty **** big difference. Think of the first modded module you tried from Rob. It's that kinda feeling.
And I'm so happy I got the snakebite in, I had been jonesing for it after you said how amazing it was. It is a brutal hi-gain monster.