New Foglifter Presence/Density PCB available soon

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jaded Faith

Reaction score
UPDATE 4/26/13: PLEASE SCROLL DOWN AND READ THE UPDATES AS R&D CONTINUES FOR ANSWERS PERTAINING TO VARIOUS MODELS

To all,
I have had a ton of interest in the new Foglifter Presence/Density PCB's and I'm quite excited to get these out ASAP. As previously noted, they are an evolution of the mod that I have offered for several years. It was originally intended to correct older RM heads that shipped with incorrect values, but over the years I fine tuned the entire circuit to taste.

The version I am going to be releasing is going to be a single setting PCB (no switch or push/pull) with the improved circuit only. I toyed with the idea of making the new PCB's switchable, but several conversations with those who already had their amp's PCB's modded led to a resounding cry of "don't even bother, we'd never have a use for the stock values again!"

The new tuning will provide exactly what the name implies, lifting the "fog" off of your MTS amp and providing a much more inspiring musicality to all modules. The highs are going to sing and be much more airy without added harshness. The lows are more present and punchy while removing the mud the current circuit adds. These boards immediately put your MTS rig in the company of amps costing far more.

I am designing and releasing versions for the RM100, RM50, MOD50 and RT2/50. I need to gauge the interest in MOD100, RM20 and RM22 replacements, so please email if you are interested (no PM's please). If there is not enough interest in those PCB's it will be cheaper to mod your existing board than manufacture a small run. The initial runs of each will be around 10-15 PCB. I estimate they will be in stock around the second week of May and ready to ship at that time.

The intended pricing is $40 per PCB with $5 shipping for up to 2 PCB's. I'm going to offer mods to your existing PCB's for $30 + $5 for shipping to reflect the savings from using your PCB. Again, email me if interested or with any questions you may have.

Rob

Sweet Rob ive been waiting on this for awhile and since learning the insides of my rm50 combo the other day it seems like a simple install! (once you fight with the chassic for an hour to get it out of the case.)
-mp-

Rob,

Unless I'm mistaken the RM100 & MOD100 boards are the same. They do use different connectors.

I will be more clear. My MOD100 appears to have the same board as my RM100, but it does have different connectors.

Drew

UPDATE 4/26/13:

1: R&D and designs are complete for the RM100, MOD100, RM50 and MOD50 PCB's. One final round of revision and testing will occur today and a Pull pot may be added if the alternate voicing is deemed useful enough for a redesign.

2: Although the initial plan included the RT 2/50, it will not be a cost effective upgrade. There are two PCB's in these amps and they both have the volume, presence, density, fuses and bias circuits mounted on each (the top also includes the channel switch). This would really make the costs of creating a small batch prohibitive, as there is the least interest in this upgrade. I would be willing to upgrade your existing PCB's, but have no current plan of offering a drop in replacement.

3: The RM20 and RM22 testing was quite extensive and completed late this morning. My findings are that while there can be a small improvement made, it doesn't warrant the cost of the new PCB. If there is enough interest I will produce them, but it's not going to make the same level of improvements as it will in the bigger amps.

For those interested as to why, I am going to post a thread about why the RM20/22 lack the same punch as the other amps.

When the PCB's are in stock I'll post and offer a new order form specific to this item. Look for updates here, on Facebook and on my website.

Additional Update: 4/26/13

The testing is complete and the PCB's have been ordered. After extensive bench tests, the pull pot was omitted. I also spoke with several customers who have already had this mod done to their existing boards from their amps and their feedback has confirmed this decision.

The initial batch will have RM100 (x 35), MOD 50 (x 14) and RM50 (x 25) boards available, with the MOD 100 using the same PCB as the RM100. I have also ordered the PCB required for the Silverado (it uses a second tier to support the additional circuitry) and will be building a prototype for audio samples and marketing as soon as the PCB's arrive in two weeks.

I will be writing up a special order form for these PCB's this weekend and will post when they are available for you to place your order.

Have a great weekend,
Rob

Totenkampf said:
Rob, what will be your fee to mod my existing RT2/50 boards?
Let me check my amp on Monday when I get back to work and I'll provide an estimate then. I just have to check a few things on there.