Randall Guitar Combo... has a BASS speaker?

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vaxwell

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm relatively new to the wonderful world of Randall amps, and I just picked up a Randall RG40R 40 Watt guitar Combo. I read the manual and is says that the unit has a 12" Bass Guitar Speaker.

I was wondering if this is just Randall's fancy name for a guitar speaker with a really beefy low end, or if Randall actually use the same type of speakers for their guitar cabinets as they do for their bass cabinets, and in which case, would it be ok to run a bass guitar through the amp?

Now, I'm not silly. I know that you should never run a bass through a guitar amp because you'll blow the speaker, but this whole 'bass guitar speaker' thing had me questioning whether I could use it for guitar and bass, like a Fender Bassman amp (ie, designed for bass, but a lot of guitarists use it).

Any replies would be appreciated. :)

yeah, i am wondering the same thing, as a bassist and a guitarist it would be very useful and another good thing about this amazing amplifier