New to the MTS world

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Skeleton

Reaction score
I just got my first Randall MTS amp (RM50 combo) a few weeks ago and got my first Jaded Faith mods yesterday. I have to say, as many of you know, working with Rob has been a pleasure. I have the good fortune of being within an easy drive of Rob's shop and got the personal attention he is known for giving. I brought my newly purchased used amp in to Rob's shop and he identified a few issues with it right away and had them fixed for me in minutes.

Rob was able to make me a nice Super Clean/Texas Special hybrid and he also turned my SL+ into what I would call a less compressed sounding Mr. Scary. The modified modules sound great and they will be put to the test when I take the amp out on a gig tonight.

I'm looking forward to the Foglifter and the channel switcher/booster pedal box Rob is making. Also looking forward to getting some more modules. That Trilogy module is looking pretty good...

Doug

I recently got into this stuff too. Really cool options...just wish I had the $$ to try more of them out NOW. Hoping to have the opportunity to play with more of Rob's modules over time.

I am hoping to get a Foglifter when they become available.
Do tell about this switch/booster pedal. Haven't come across that yet.
Clean volume boost for solos? Or more of a boost out front?

nitrous12 said:
I recently got into this stuff too. Really cool options...just wish I had the $$ to try more of them out NOW. Hoping to have the opportunity to play with more of Rob's modules over time.

I am hoping to get a Foglifter when they become available.
Do tell about this switch/booster pedal. Haven't come across that yet.
Clean volume boost for solos? Or more of a boost out front?

I believe the RM50 footswitch is a clean volume boost, I'm picking mine up on Monday....can't wait to check it out.

There is a picture of the pedal on the Jaded Faith Mods Facebook page. I don't want to say too much in case the details are not supposed to be public knowledge yet. I'll let someone else field that.

No worries. I have a MOD50 and the reality is that I don't need a clean volume boost right now. Not gigging so its just not a necessity that it once was. I do have a way to do it when I run 4CM with my HD500, but it would be nice to have an option to do it w/out that in a simple plug and play set up. It is so helpful to control your own solo volume level in a band context!
Kind of one of those things I just want to know about for if/when the time comes I need to quickly pick something up.

Welcome to the board Doug and it was certainly a pleasure working with you last week! Hope those modules did you proud at Friday's gig and give me a call if you need anything at all.

Rob

My new RM50 combo with JF modified boards performed very well on Friday night. That is a nice LOUD amplifier for the size. The modules sounded very good. The Texas Special side of my "clean" module sounded even better in a live band situation than I expected. Very responsive and completely acceptable as a crunch channel if you would be inclined to use it that way. Everything cut through the mix really well without being harsh. Someone else in the band actually commented on how clear and bright the sound was without being harsh.

I really wish switches on the modules could be brought out to foot switch form, but I understand the difficulty in doing that.

Skeleton said:
I really wish switches on the modules could be brought out to foot switch form, but I understand the difficulty in doing that.

I occasionally get this request and I thought I would explain why it's not a simple thing.

Almost every single switch I install on a module has signal running through it. Just like an effects loop, you wouldn't want a whole bunch of signals from the middle of your preamp running across the floor picking up noise and such.

Beyond that, the most ideal way to accomplish this would be via relays. They require space and power, both of which the modules are short on (or not designed to accommodate really). While I fully agree it would be cool, it's not as simple a request as it may seem on the surface.

FWIW, most who feel they must have this typically address it by having two of the same module and set them up differently.