So, I'm taking the gig

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drewiv

Reaction score
:roll: Not sure it's the right thing for me, but I want to play. Going to front a Green Day cover (tribute) band. Am I crazy or just stupid? I have a couple modules off to Rob to get the job done because I'm not at all happy with what I have in the realm of tone. One good thing is my wife is uber-excited about me playing in a band again and this seems to have some steam. Bass player fronts a Kiss tribute band and we'll be opening for him very soon. Wish my dumb *** luck or tell me to stop now. *sigh*

Mattfig said:
Good for you drew! So what mods are you getting to cover green day? CLIPS!!!

LOL. Just sent them off today, you'll just have to wait and see. I will say after researching his rig and listening for HOURS - He uses a Fernandes Strat (along with his sig guitars, which we won't worry about) modded with a Duncan JB in the bridge (so, many of my superstrats will work just fine), a couple Martin Golub modded Marshall SLP amps and a CAE Custom 3+ (channels 1 and 2) in his rig. That is all. :wink:

Stop now. :lol:
In all seriousness good for you. Playing is better than not playing.

Lots of views and few comments. I feel the disappointment in the crowd. :D

haha. I've been checking it because I'm interested but have nothing to add to the conversation. Including this post.

Hamner is right. Playing is better than not playing. Have a blast with the new gig. Sounds like it will be fun

Definately get out there and do it Drew! I'm 47 and still get fired up about playing shows out here. My new band is with all firends and not so serious. I've had so much more fun thamn the old days when we were always chasing the deal. You never know who you might meet from this opportunity. I semi-retired for a bit and then started palying with a band again and ended up getting to work on a indie movie soundtrack. It's never too late and never stop having fun playing music!

Thanks, guys. I hope this comes together and works. I'm just looking tipi have some fun and wear some guy liner. :wink:

I haven't sang in a band for years, but I've been known to do a mean-***, karaoke version of Baby Got Back. :lol:

Hey I think its cool Drew! Thats my sons favorite band. I used to play some of thier tunes in a cover band in the 90s right when they hit it big and always got plenty of likes. They are still a pretty big deal for a reason IMO. Christy Road was always my fav that we did. At least I think thats what the name of the tune was. Jam it out my friend!!

BigBrewtus said:
Hey I think its cool Drew! Thats my sons favorite band. I used to play some of thier tunes in a cover band in the 90s right when they hit it big and always got plenty of likes. They are still a pretty big deal for a reason IMO. Christy Road was always my fav that we did. At least I think thats what the name of the tune was. Jam it out my friend!!

Christy Road is a tune! Is that from Kerplunk!? I used to jam to that song all the time...

Christie Road is off Kerplunk and an awesome tune. Banned from our set by my wife. Girl before my wife was Kristy and leads to aggressive behavior. :shock:

Hopefully this **** gets rolling soon.

drewiv said:
Christie Road is off Kerplunk and an awesome tune. Banned from our set by my wife. Girl before my wife was Kristy and leads to aggressive behavior. :shock:

Hopefully this **** gets rolling soon.
Hahaha. I feel ya there! Attitudes such as this is why I could never write about relationships around my ex. It was always, "Is that about me!!??". haha
I will have to keep my eye out for a copy of Keplunk. I just picked up a couple more GDay CDs at a local used shop. Felt good to drive around and listen to them and talk music with him. Keeping it going! :twisted: