What donor's can be used for the Silverado

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would imagine anything mid gain or above probably no low gain mods though... Im kinda wanting one of these but ive already got a 59rr custom and A plexitweed, but the silverado seems very smooth and sounds like it can hit those 80's metal tones.
-mp-

Anything except a Clean, KH1, Blackface or Deluxe.

I mentioned to a few folks, the Jubilee was the first true departure from traditional Marshall designs in the company's history. No other Marshall sounds like a Jubilee and this module is a dead on clone. It takes about 4 hours to build and requires a floating 2nd tier between the tubes to accommodate the additional circuitry. It's unlike any mod you have ever played. The initial feedback on the first one just came in and here is what Andy had to say:

"Wow, are you kidding me? First of all, my mods showed up Saturday, so surprisingly quick! I played them for hours. I am blown away by both! Sunday I got up and A/B'd the Silverado against the Silver Jubilee and my hat is off to you sir! I can get all my standard Jube tones with no issue whatsoever. There is some seriously magical stuff going on under there. You nailed my request perfectly, and this will change everything for me moving forward. I can't say enough good things, I am truly impressed and happy! Thanks again for your hours of hard work."

I am swamped with orders because the three new modules took about 9 days of R&D, testing, demo production and marketing time from me, so I am currently in catch up mode. I need to build a prototype of the Silverado before I can get details for you, but give me about 2 weeks to catch up on the 3/6 batch of orders.

You can email me for pricing, details or to order one.

three new mods, do you mean quickmod GT along with the Silverado and something else or is there more undisclosed goodness coming?

As Rob mentioned, I got the #1 Silverado mod and I am really happy with it.
I know he put in quite a bit more time than we expected, but the result was well worth the wait, and the additional time is so appreciated. I've been away for a few, but now that I'm back I can't seem to stop playing this thing. It changes everything for me moving forward, and I'm selling most of my other amps now because I've got my "Grail Tone". Let's face it, the Silver Jubilee was a truly incredible amp. Other amp manufacturers are still trying to get this tone and Rob did amazingly first time out! I'm now running simply and cleanly with just my Silver Jubilee on the left side, and an RM50 with the Silverado and Rob's O/D Special on the right. I leave the Jube set to my old diode clipped clean with a little gain and get all my sweet custom tone from Rob's mods. I like the Silverado's Lead Master better than the original for leads!

I made a couple attempts early on to A/B the two on video, I just can't seem to do it justice. The sound is amazing though, I can promise you! I'll definitely look to Rob for any future mod MTS mods, no question.
I just wish I would have remembered to order a JF amp badge when I did this.

Now buy up my other amps so I can send Rob more of my money!
(RM50 in RM80212 chassis, Tweaker 15, Rebel 30 112)

What tunes are most associated with the Silver Jubilee's tone? When I think Marshall, I think JCM/JTM/JVM, so I'd be curious to hear what's the tonal difference. Also, does Rob have a demo of this mod yet?

Not sure what tune specifically I would choose to define it, but you've heard it more than you think. For me, I play a Strat primarily, and the sound I recognize is most is that of John Frusciante from the Chili Peppers. You can pretty much play any John-era tune with it and nail it. Nice punchy clean tone, even though most people associate it with the Slash dirty tone. Also Rich Robinson's (Black Crowes) Jube is on eBay for $15,000 if you want it. Bill Frisell and Joe Bonomassa also rock the Jube as well, or have in the past. Alex Lifeson just contracted a boutique company to produce a repro as well. It is tough to put one particular tone on it, but you start to recognize it quickly if you spend 10 minutes on youtube listening to samples.
The lead master gain stage has a razor's edge type quality and the diode clipping gives such an odd quality that I would almost say it approaches compression. Again, Rob has hit it out of the park with his version.

is this a standard replica or a custom piece? Lifeson used a Jubilee, modded, what now has become the Lerxt by Mojotone.

This sound would be amazing, I've always thought that punch and openness together was a great tone for many things.

can this Silverado get into these areas?

Can a Lerxt mod be made?

It's going to be a standard Replica Mod, I was delaying the marketing until I received the custom PCB's in (ordered at the same time as the Foglifters) for the 2nd tier used for this mod. Yes, it actually uses a floating second PCB between the tubes to accommodate all the circuitry!

If you are a fan of the Marshall Jubilee tone in all it's forms, this mod will be a treat for you. Give me a few days to get all the info together, it's crunch time for me this week heading into the NY Amp Show a week from today.

Have a great holiday weekend!
Rob