T2 vs V2

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beershred

Reaction score
Hey,

I recently played the RH150G3 and I'm seriously looking at getting the more powerful T2 or V2. Most people here seem to be more interested in the V2.

Is there any advantage to the V2, over the T2, besides the graphic eq?

What are the pros/cons of having the preamp tubes in every channel vs tubes in just the lead channel?

so they both have the gainy preamp tube lead channel... correct me if i'm wrong but it seems the T2 has preamp tubes running through all three modes, but the V2 only has preamp tubes in the lead channel. What are the benefits of keeping the clean and rhythm SS on the V2?

yes

The T2 features A two channel all tube preamp with 3 modes (Tube Clean, Tube Overdrive) with the overdrive featuring a Boost (which adds more gain).

The V2 has 3 channels with the first two being solid state ( S.S. Clean, S.S. Overdrive, Tube Overdrive). The clean is your basic S.S. clean. the S.S. Overdrive sounds like a Classic Randall distortion. But its the Tube overdrive channel that really shines, and many people say its one of the best metal distortions they have ever heard.

I've only heard the V2 so I can't comment on what are the True advantages/disadvantages.

I own a T2 and have had a V2 for a month while the T2 had a minor repair. The T2 is so much better it's not even funny. Unless you want the classic Randall tone get the T2.

The warmer clean channel and the mid sweep make it much more versatile than you'd think.

just a question for you... how does the V2 compare to the T2 with only the high gain tube channel (and EQ) for Super Aggressive metal tone?

The tube channel on the V2 and the boosted OD channel on the T2 are very similar sounding. You have more option for tone shaping with the V2. The V2's tube channel sounded more mid scooped and thinner than the T2

It depends what you mean by "Super Aggressive metal tone" If you want the Dimebag (just an example. I'm a big fan and don't mean anything derogatory) wasp in a coke can sound then the V2 is the way to go.

If you want a warmer, fuller sound then the T2 is the way forward.

An important thing to note though is that tone have much more to do with EQ than the amount of distortion an amp can produce. With a graphic EQ you can (and I have) make a fender twin sound like Dimebag.

I have a T2--and it's a very warm-sounding head, indeed!!

The classic gain is ballsy, like a good, hot-rodded Marshall Plexi/JCM800--and it's more than enough for most power pop punk/hard rock/metal styles--I only use the 'boost' mode to beef-up solos for more sustain, but other than that, it's an awesome-sounding head.

Pretty funny how I ended up with the T2, being that the V2 was my first choice. :D