Anywhere I can get LB soundclips?

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stealth

Reaction score
I'm thinking oif upgrading from my old RG100 ES Randall halfstack, and looking at the usual suspects...Mesa's, 6505+'s and of course the Lynch Box...But I'm finding all of the modules descriptions to be confusing...I dont even know what a Plexi is, lol....Is there anywhere I can hear some sound bites of the amps, unaltered by effects?
I'd like to have a rich clear sharp lead sound with lots of dynamics and sustain ala Lynch, DeMartini, Reb Beach, EVH etc from the 80's, a heavy thick rhythm sound like Metallica, Zakk Wylde, and of course a clean sound somewhere in there.
My guitars consist of an 84 Explorer re-issue, a custom made Lado from the 80's, and an Epiphone Zakk Wylde with EMG 81/85's.
Do these amps come with footswitches? If I only get 1 module, e.g. Grail ,would I still have a clean sound?
Thanks in advance!

Check out the sound clips (the link is in my signature) I did.

They might help you narrow down what modules to get.

Based on what you're mentioning there, I'd say the "Mr. Scary" module for hot rodded Marshall tones, 1086 for heavier, more modern gain (or the "Grail" if you want something that sounds like a Mesa Dual Recto)...and then for a clean module, I'd personally recommend the JTM as long as you do the clean mod to it (you can get the parts at Radio Shack and do it yourself; here are the mod instructions.
I've found that a modded JTM has the best clean tone for the style of music you're talking about....but that's my preference.

With those three modules, you can pretty well cover all bases.

One module only has one 'sound' but your volume knob on the guitar can really clean up the tone quite a bit in a gainy module....unless you go the Egnater route and get a head that accepts dual channel modules...but quality comes at a price.....or wait around and I hear that it's possible that Egnater "may" begin to offer a mod to Randall heads that will let them accept Egnater dual channel modules.

You're on the right track with the Randall stuff....It's AWESOME.