New original track featuring Jaded Faith Mods

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jaded Faith

Reaction score
After all the recording discussions as of late, I thought I'd share a recently completed (mixed, not mastered) recording from my original band Anthems & Echoes with you guys:

https://soundcloud.com/jaded-faith-mods/yearbook

The song is titled "Yearbook". It features myself on all the guitar work and my wife Ashley on vocals and keys. We recorded it in the studio here at Jaded Faith Mods over the past few months in our free time (aka: the evening hours when the solder iron gets to cool off).

The track features a Super Clean, SL-OD100 and Ultra-Lead through a Torpedo Live running all Ownhammer Impulses. The tapping clean guitar part was a EBMM JP6 (both magnetic and piezo outs), the high gain rhythm was a Gibson Les Paul Standard Faded (SD pickups) and a Fender FSR Tele (Dimarzio noiseless Nashville Tele set) was used for the single note lines/fills, bridge and solo.

Tying into the recording discussions, there are 3 pre-amps featured throughout. The vocals all use a UA LA-610 and API 512c. The guitars and bass used a Great River ME-1NV. The guitars were all reamped. I went into the box through a Countryman DI feeding the Great River set for as clean a signal as possible. It came back out later via a Radial ReAmp box into a RM4. The RM4 fed the Torpedo Live using Ownhammer impulses (V30 and Celestion G12H captures), which went back into the box via the Great River again.

The guitars play a significant role in the sound of our project, but the synths/electronic elements are equally important and share the stage. The vocals are paramount and everything we do serves to support that. No "guitars rule the roost" mentality here! :lol:

I hope this helps to illustrate some of the questions I have been addressing by phone and email as of late. Enjoy!

Rob

wakeguitar said:
Nice sound! Really nice, clear and defined mix.
Well thank you sir, I certainly put in a lot of hours working on that goal! This track had around 70 different tracks present on it, so it was a challenge to fit everything within it's own space. It was certainly one of the busier mixes I had to tackle.

Jaded Faith said:
the evening hours when the solder iron gets to cool off

You may have the makings of a decent basic cable drama program there, Rob. "Jaded Faith: After Dark -- When the soldering iron cools down, the studio heats up."

Just need to find a way to work cops or lawyers or crime scene investigators into the premise somewheres. :)