Vybe Deluxe

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
VitaminG said:
wow, that is so frikkin' cool! What mods are you planning to use at a gig?

The two that are in it in the picture, the Vybe Deluxe and the black one is a Ampeg Gemini II that Jaded Faith made for me.

Jaded Faith said:
You really did a fantastic job on that housing Steve! Very nice work sir.

Rob

Thanks Rob. I now have two baffles. The one with the Marshall baskets weave cloth is a single 12 inch speaker, I made a different thread awhile ago that showed it. The BelAir logos are vintage ones I got off EBay.

That is just BAD ***! :twisted:

If there is ever a new line of MTS amps, THIS is how they should be approached. Different, unique looks.

Randall tried to do this towards the end with the palomino looks, but too little to late and they were still never marketed properly.

For now I'll bet someone could make a few bucks offering a few RM50 combo custom cabinet looks. Something like this one, a tweed one and something modern for the metal guys.

I played this thing out again last night. It was in a restaurant and we had to play pretty quietly. The amp sounded great and I had a couple folks come up and ask me about it. Really loving in the Vybe Deluxe. I just stayed on it the whole night.

Being a Muscle Car Guy I Love the Chevy look. You gave me some Ideas for an amp to mach my Impala!

I've been pushing the Vybe with my OCD and Metal Muff. SICK TONE!!!!!!
:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

What I'd like to know, is what set's this module apart from the other clean modules like Plexi-tweed, or Blackface?

If you already had Plexi-tweed would this offer anything new to warrant getting it?

wakeguitar said:
What I'd like to know, is what set's this module apart from the other clean modules like Plexi-tweed, or Blackface?

If you already had Plexi-tweed would this offer anything new to warrant getting it?

The Vybe Deluxe is based on a totally different amp and i know for a fact that you cannot get the sound that is put out by the vybe with a plexitweed. The PlexiTweed is amazing for what it does and is my favorite module but the Vybe being based on a Fender VibroVerb is a totally different animal, I have tried and tried to coax classic SRV tones out of my PlexiTweed but they are just not there, But from what ive heard of the Vybe especially on the pushed mode and from what Rob has told me (When in doubt ask Rob) it will nail that tone easily
-mp-

The Vybe is completely it's own thing and you won't find that tone in any other module out there. It sags like an old combo giving a feel unlike any module out there. It has a hand-wired replication of the old 2-knob Fender tone stack where the PlexiTweed uses a post gain, CF-driven FMV-style tone stack. The three modes switch entirely different parts of the circuit than anything on the PlexiTweed.

The Vybe is a super unique mod that constantly impresses me every time I build one.

Swap'd the preamp tube lastnite, 12ax7 with 12au7 for more cleaner headroom.. Wowzer! Fat jazzy thick clean tone ala' George Benson...

Which tube is that one? As you are facing the module, is it the left or the right one? What you did sounds intriguing...

ricky said:
Which tube is that one? As you are facing the module, is it the left or the right one? What you did sounds intriguing...

V1 tube is on the left.

Jan Phillips 12au7, Deluxe mode & treble set low (10'oclock)

Just recieved mine and have about an hour on it so far just took a needed cigarette break as i feel kinda like I just had some really good sex! This module is very very Special, Has THE best mts cleans ive experienced and all 3 of the settings on it are amazing! Super Fat Blues tones as good as they get.. Rob you have knocked it out of the park again!
-mp-

Well after a week or so with both the Snakebite and the Vybe they both seem to be on a total new level of MTS greatness! Although I have not heard an demos of and have only heard a few seconds of the actual tone it seems that the Silverado is also another in this pack of great new modules ill find out in a few weeks, Ive got a Stock Plexi that i bought especially for the job of donor for a Silverado, Ive got most of the good traditional Marshall tones covered with my JCM2K TSL but from what ive heard about the Silver Jubilee and Silverado its a whole other dimension and not real similar too the traditional marshall Bark, I know that one great lead and rhythm guitar recording was done with one and that was "Estranged" From G&R, I know slash recorded alot of the "Use Your Illusion" albums were recorded with a Jubilee and can only hope but have some confidence in robs great designs that the Silverado will deliver!

The Vybe is indeed awesome and really does all the tweed type tones from clean to maxed out breakup in full tonal glory. this is true of all the mods, and I wish, although space is limited and folks may not like stepping on switches, but I wish there was a way to switch between modes semi remotely. I really do

It would be sweet if the module was footswitchable but since last thursday i have been spending many hours each day with this module, each day using different settings on the 3 way switch and running it with and without a boost and reverb. There seems to be infinite different great sounding tones with this module, I was getting killer tones with my charvel with active blackouts with the volume rolled off a little! I never thought i could play blues with that guitar. Just a great creation, nothing like any other module ive ever played through, this module has more "feel" to it than any module or hell any amp that ive ever owned, just so much personality and infinite great tones on each of the 3 tonestacks... Classic module and definatly the best MTS module ive ever played of any style, Im a metal guy and this thing has totally changed my outlook on music. A massive accomplishment!
-Matt Page-