First Jam with New Rig

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nitrous12

Reaction score
So I finally got to jam with some friends last night and used my new rig for the first time in a live band context.
Egnater MOD50 with an Avatar 2x12 loaded with Eminence Governor and Swamp Thang.
I took a few JF modules with me, but ended up not getting to all of them.
Started on the JF EV Trilogy and was digging it. Nice aggressive tight tone!
The Silverado is really cool. Great in your face grind. More open and raw than the Trilogy. The SL-OD100 was in the same vein of the raw aggressive grind. Really thick, but still punchy and articulate. I didn't really screw with settings much on any module and just adjusted EQs a little here and there for more or less of something. I think the SL-OD was just set brighter than the Silverado but the two can cover some of the same ground. The SL-OD gets much more saturated though...way more gain on tap. Both really cut through the mix very well.
I also played the Snakebite and while for a few riffs it was fun...I just don't bond with Recto all that much. I like what the Silverado and SL-OD100 do a lot more. And for the over the top stuff the Trilogy looks to be a winner.
Fun stuff! Overall I was really impressed with the tones I was getting. Sounded and felt really great!

In the summer of 1987 a good friend of mine bought a Jubilee Stack. For the next several years we both spent endless hours playing this beast. For those of us that have had the pleasure of playing the real thing, this mod will not disappoint. For those members who haven't played the real deal, buy this mod.
My only disappointment was that I wanted a dual. After endless hours of trying Rob called me and told me it simply cannot be done on the MTS platform.
Kick *** module
-Dan

That is the kind of silverado propaganda ive been waiting for I know that its a great module but have been waiting for a few to filter out and get used and to hear the thoughts of the players.... **** ive got one donor and its the sweetest sounding SL+ ive ever had.. I think im gonna have to go buy another module for a donor or get one of robs new donors.. Gas for a Silverado commencing now!
-Matt Page-

dcg8 said:
In the summer of 1987 a good friend of mine bought a Jubilee Stack. For the next several years we both spent endless hours playing this beast. For those of us that have had the pleasure of playing the real thing, this mod will not disappoint. For those members who haven't played the real deal, buy this mod.
My only disappointment was that I wanted a dual. After endless hours of trying Rob called me and told me it simply cannot be done on the MTS platform.
Kick *** module
-Dan
It's definitely cool. Had it cranked up again tonight. Alone I was digging the rhythm side in Lead mode. Last night I had it on clipping.
I gotta say though I keep going back to the SL-OD. That one just really does it for me.
I also had the QuickMod dialed in **** good tonight. That's a module I feel benefits a lot more with some volume than some of the others. It's definitely pretty pissed.

zepplin490 said:
That is the kind of silverado propaganda ive been waiting for I know that its a great module but have been waiting for a few to filter out and get used and to hear the thoughts of the players.... **** ive got one donor and its the sweetest sounding SL+ ive ever had.. I think im gonna have to go buy another module for a donor or get one of robs new donors.. Gas for a Silverado commencing now!
-Matt Page-
It may not have enough gain for you. I have been running it with gain and Lead vol pegged and its got a nice rockin grind going on. Enough gain for me but its not metal territory and there is no more to be had. I am hitting it with hot pickups too. Maybe Rob could add some to yours? Or maybe that's not what you would want out of it?

Correct, the Silverado is not a high gain beast. If you push it with a TS or the drive pedal of choice it definitely adds hair.

dcg8 said:
Correct, the Silverado is not a high gain beast. If you push it with a TS or the drive pedal of choice it definitely adds hair.

Where in Western NY are you? I am just outside Rochester.

Im not really interested in the Silverado for metal I have my modules for that (Snakebite and XTC SE) Im interested in it for hard rock stuff which i think it will do wonderfully, say G&R "Use your Illusion" style of stuff, Ive got a boss Blues Driver set for a nice clean boost ready if it needs a little boost!
-Matt Page-

zepplin490 said:
Im not really interested in the Silverado for metal I have my modules for that (Snakebite and XTC SE) Im interested in it for hard rock stuff which i think it will do wonderfully, say G&R "Use your Illusion" style of stuff, Ive got a boss Blues Driver set for a nice clean boost ready if it needs a little boost!
-Matt Page-

Well with that said you should definitely check it out. Its a cool mod. Great tone and I can say it cuts through the mix very well. Rock and roll crunch all the way and will give you that UYI flavor.