Everything's bigger in Texas ;-)

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

retropete

Reaction score
Specifically, when played through my Texas Special that I got from fellow form member, Jeff Torp. It's got that huge sound when you flick the "Deep" switch that I've always loved about Fenders.

I took a chance and put my beloved 70s Fender Pro Reverb up for sale down at the local guitar shop before I got the module... but after playing through the Texas Special, I can breathe easy and say "No regrets." The Pro Reverb had a depth and bigness to it that has the gravitas of a Steinway grand. And when I fired up the Texas Special, I just played chords and arpeggios slowly for about an hour... just letting it ring. OMG, I'm so happy. And I also have to admire Rob's craftsmanship... the stock MTS modules seem a little flimsy by comparison.

So this is my introduction to the "modded" MTS world... I've got a Brahma #39, a Foglifter and JF XTC on order... can't wait to plug them in and see what range of tones will be available to me!

So greetings from Hoboken, NJ!

Welcome to the forum Pete and thanks again for stopping by my booth at the NY Amp Show. I'm sure you're going to love the rest of the collection as soon as they arrive.

Rob

Can't wait ;-) Frankly, Rob, I'm really impressed by the camaraderie that has grown up between you and your customers. You make each one of us feel like a valued friend rather than just a customer. Even though you're obviously crunched for time, you make the time to connect in a personal way. Someone should do a documentary about you and your business as an example of customer service!

Rob is an easy guy to shoot the **** with....every time I go over there I can't stop talking. Customer service doesn't get any better for me.

As mentioned above, Rob is a great guy to do business with. He has a kick *** line of products, ALWAYS has time to respond to emails & he delivers the goods in an expedited time frame.
A tip of the cap
-Dan

Well, Rob's work has really kept this thing alive. The other molders are great, but have very little presence on this forum. Thanks again for all the help and advice you provide to us. My first choice for all mods and amp products.

Aw you guys.....

I guess I should thank my parents the next time I see them, because it's just a case of being raised right. The same business principals that worked 100 years ago hold true today: value your customer, treat people like you would want to be treated and listen to people. I love what I do and you all help make that possible. I thank you all in return!

retropete said:
Specifically, when played through my Texas Special that I got from fellow form member, Jeff Torp. It's got that huge sound when you flick the "Deep" switch that I've always loved about Fenders.

I took a chance and put my beloved 70s Fender Pro Reverb up for sale down at the local guitar shop before I got the module... but after playing through the Texas Special, I can breathe easy and say "No regrets." The Pro Reverb had a depth and bigness to it that has the gravitas of a Steinway grand. And when I fired up the Texas Special, I just played chords and arpeggios slowly for about an hour... just letting it ring. OMG, I'm so happy. And I also have to admire Rob's craftsmanship... the stock MTS modules seem a little flimsy by comparison.

So this is my introduction to the "modded" MTS world... I've got a Brahma #39, a Foglifter and JF XTC on order... can't wait to plug them in and see what range of tones will be available to me!

So greetings from Hoboken, NJ!

All great choices! You'll find that the Brahma and the XTC both offer a wide range of tones and many levels of gain. I too love my Texas Special. I'll be ordering my Foglifters in a week or two. Enjoy!

**** all this texas special love on FB and now on here... Must b another great one.. If i diddnt have a SuperClean and a Vybe Deluxe id be on that quick!
-Matt Page-

Kudos again to Rob..he modded a pedal for me..and did a great job. And awesome customer service.
GtrGeorge