MOD50 Head retolex

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nitrous12

Reaction score
Thinking about retolexing my head shell. Its got some wear and I would prefer a different color any way. Looks like an easy one to do and learn on. Never did it before but I am normally successful at following directions and paying attention to the details for something like this. Anyone do a retolex in these parts?

I just redid my rm20 in white tolex. It's not perfect but I think it turned out pretty well for my first time. I built my courage up watching how to YouTube videos. The main thing I would do differently is start with an adhesive remover like goo gone once I pulled the tolex off. I tried to sand it off like the guy did on YouTube but I think that should come after adhesive removal. I would post a pic but don't know how on here. [/img]

Yep, the glue is a pain. I used goo gone and a finish sander. I would have used a belt sander. Les just say it took me about two hours to get a cab down to bare wood.

The actual tolexing part is pretty straightforward. There are a couple of good threads on TGP. If I knew how to post pics, I would.