RH50T Effect loss

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thainen

Reaction score
Greetings all...

I bought a Randall RH50T and 412 cabinet recently. I'm very happy with the amp, and I get the exact sound I want from it. But there is one thing that's a bit strange with it.

Just when I have turned it on, or during the first 5 minutes of me playing on it, it looses output effect. The sound volume is lowered, and it starts to hum a bit. When this happens I can do two things, either I turn the amp to standby mode, and then back to play, and it's full effect is back. Or I switch channel a couple of times, and it usually goes back to full effect, and the humming is gone.

After this I can play it for hours without it happening. First I thought it was doing it because it wasn't warm enough, but I have waited as long as 30 mins before starting to play it after I have turned it on, and it happens no matter how long, or short, time I wait for it to get warm.

Anyone know why it does this, and what may be causing it?

Well, it's gotten worse, and I don't seem to get any help from the place I bought it. Now it's doing this, plus it starts to sound bad, kinda like a soldering might be loose in it, or something. It crackle, and sounds like a bad speaker (nothing wrong with the speaker's though). It happens on all channels, and all the time now. It's more in this state than in full effect state.

I'm not to familliar with that model but if it is under waranty,do not hesitate to get it fixed...

The store replaced my old one with a brand new today. I thought the sound was good from the old one, but it was nothing compared to the new one I got. It must have been something seriously wrong with the other one. Anyway, I'm happy again... Now I got a RH50T the way it should be. :D

good to hear, i got an rh50t myself, still trying to zone in on the sound for me though. whats your complete rig and what sound do you have?

I mostly use my Gibson Les Paul Studio, but also have a few Ibanez guitars. Besides my guitars and the amp it self, I use a 7 band EQ in the effect loop, that makes it much easier to get the sound you want from the amp. A 10 band would be even better, but I'm getting what I want with the one I have. I also have a compressor and noise gate between the guitar and amp. Oh, and a Cry Baby Wah-Wah before the gain (I like the warmer sound you get from it when placed before the distortion).

I play in three bands atm, blues, power metal and death/trash metal, and this rig does it all. But the most important thing for me to get the sounds I want, and need, is the EQ placed after the gain (in the effect loop).

yeh thats what im running

peavey wolfgang > wah > rh50t > cab
> 10 band eq, delay, detune, reverb.