JF Brahma #39

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nitrous12

Reaction score
I get the impression there are not a lot of these out there.
I should probably hold a lot of detail and praises I may have until I spend more time with it and can get it moving some air, but man it does have a very distinctly different growl to it than any other Marshall based mod I have tried. Remains to be seen how the character of it will change with volume, but at a low initial test last night I really liked that mean growl...its kind of something I have been looking for and not quite finding anywhere else.
One of these days I will find myself with the opportunity to crank it up a bit and get some new clips done and I'll be sure to throw this one in the mix.
Good stuff!!!

Marked so that I can follow.

I would like to know how you would compare it to the base modded Brahma you tried.

eyeball987 said:
Marked so that I can follow.

I would like to know how you would compare it to the base modded Brahma you tried.

Out of the gate I will say its much meaner and has a deeper and more powerful low end.

It's unique and only gets better as cranked. There's not a ton out there, but those with them LOVE them. I think part of it was that it was a late addition to the modded market and that market is saturated with high-gain Marshall mods already.

I describe it a thick, hot-rodded California-Modded Marshall.

Jaded Faith said:
It's unique and only gets better as cranked. There's not a ton out there, but those with them LOVE them. I think part of it was that it was a late addition to the modded market and that market is saturated with high-gain Marshall mods already.

I describe it a thick, hot-rodded California-Modded Marshall.

I think thats a fair description so far. Its not just hot-rodded to have a bunch more gain...it sounds really angry. I have found some mods to do a pretty good job at having the aggressive bite that I like and/or a mid crunch characteristic I like, but this one seems to have all that plus something very different going on from the mids down through the lows with how it growls.

It is very reminiscent to the tone of Slash's Marshall's when I saw him this summer. The way those things were roaring was really something else. I think this mod will get me the closest to that.