New Module - PLexi Plus ??

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
stock 1086 is weak- not as good as the SL+ on the Marshall side- TOTALLY unusable on the scoop side....and surprisingly, not enough gain? That must be the Plexi influence, lol

1087 & 1666 DESTROY the stock module

I just got a 1087 and I am a fan of Plexi modules and the similar Marshally modules.
My take? (Im glad you asked..)
The 1087 offers more gain, and clarity and a lil EQ than a stock Plexi. Its not like night and day but it is a step up..no doubt about it. It seems like the 1087 is somehow 3 feet closer to the mic..it has this in your face quality that the stock Plexi misses. I like that!
The 1087 has a lil more EQ flexibilty..noit quite extensive but yoy can mold the mids better than a stoick plexi.

GtrGeorge

The actual press release from Randall for the GTO and Plexi Plus:

Randall Announces the Addition of Two New Modules to their MTS Line

Chicago, IL ? December, 2010- Randall proudly announces the release of the Plexi-Plus and The Judge George Lynch Signature preamp modules to their line of MTS modular all tube amplifiers. The Judge delivers classic George Lynch tones with British voicing and hot rod mods and the Plexi-Plus delivers traditional British sound with a twist.

The Judge

Plexi-Plus (PL+)

The Judge is a high gain preamp module that delivers fantastic overdrive sounds. The gain control and 3 band EQ let the user dial in their ideal settings. In addition, The Judge features a ?bright? switch that allows for a wide range of tones; for instance, when the gain is set low, engaging the bright switch drastically opens up your sound. To make this module even better, Randall included a ?mode? switch. With the flip of this switch, this beast can switch between a wide open modded Plexi-type tone to a much more compressed, deeper flavor. Like all MTS Series modules, The Judge comes with 2 ? 12AX7 Ruby high grade preamp tubes. If you are searching for a completely customized amplifier be sure to check out the Randall MTS Series with The Judge and the rest of the Randall preamp modules.

The Plexi-Plus is Randall?s spin on the classic Plexi preamp circuit. A gain boost and mid scoop option allows the module to reach nearly any Plexi based tone from classic to modern. Turn on the gain boost function and listen to this module roar, or engage the mid scoop option and drastically reshape your tone. Like all MTS series modules the Plexi-Plus is equipped with a 3 band EQ, gain control, master level and two 12AX7 preamp tubes. Plug the Plexi-Plus or any other fantastic Randall preamp module into your MTS series amp and build your perfect tone!

The Judge and Plexi-Plus will debut at Winter NAMM 2011 in Anaheim, CA at Randall booth #5244.

Latest posts