R'Verb bottom end.

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Corium_AZ

Reaction score
I recently grabbed an RVerb off of the forum. While I love the overall tonality of this mod, and it's striking similarity to the real thing, I am craving more bottom end. I've noticed, as gain is reduced, so too is bottom end/bass. I'm wondering if anyone could give me an idea how to beef up the lower end of this mod? I wouldn't want to lose the highs or mids, though its got those in abundance. Nor would I want to lose the sparkling harmonics & articulation.

So, I'm wondering if I can just replace a cap or two or a resistor, pot or whatever with one of a different value to help boost the low end? I'm running JJ 12ax7's, which seem to be the warmest bassiest pre tubes I've tried. I'm very comfortable soldering/modding a pcb, so that's not an issue, but I'm not familiar with preamp design.

Also, I noted that the two large caps in the back right corner of the module are much smaller than those on any of my other modules. Is this part of the design or an inadvertent holdover from the donor module?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.

- Bruce J.

I've never done anything to the PCB of a module, but the common mentioned part for bass adjustment is the cap at C3. But it is usually referenced as changing it to tighten or loosen the bass response. Maybe going bigger on that cap could give you what you're looking for. However, as Rob does a lot more to the modules, it may not make the correct change in the grand scheme anymore.

Maybe you should just fill your cab with G12T-100's and you'll have all the bass you could ever need.. lol

warlok - I ended up just sending it to Rob to add a bass-boost switch type deal. Definitely not my speakers or cab though, as my stock Blackface and SL-OD100 ilicit copious amounts of bass! I shall never taint my custom Zinky cab/speakers, lol. Best sounding cab I've ever heard.

It's on it's way back and you will be quite pleased. The middle setting is what you had originally and it goes thicker from there. Enjoy!