What's on the wish list

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ulf

Reaction score
I feel the forum activity and the news are slowing down. Ok, Randall does not sell any amps and modules might get rare.
However, I still believe in MTS. Shouldn't we setup a list of modules we are missing and let the remaining modders know in whch direction to go?

I haven't seen any mods of:
Hughes & Kettner
Laney
Ampeg (Guitar and Bass)

I totally agree on Hughes and Kettner. Specifically the Triamp. It is unique and different enough that I don't think any other module could accurately cover that tone.

Ampeg Reverbrocket
Sound X-305R ( I had one in '66. Sounded great with a Maestro Fuzz Box. Yeah, I had the original)

Bogner Shiva 6L6 clean channel. I'm thinking of getting this commissioned as this is the best clean tone I've ever experienced. It's the last piece I need before I can let go of my Bogner Shiva conscience-free.

Hughes and Kettner,
Cream Machine/Metal Machine/Blues Master
Butler Tube Driver
Tract Elliot TVT9
First Model Fender Super Champ

Ampeg Reverbrocket
Sound X-305R ( I had one in '66. Sounded great with a Maestro Fuzz Box. Yeah, I had the original)

speed2dirt said:
Bogner Shiva 6L6 clean channel. I'm thinking of getting this commissioned as this is the best clean tone I've ever experienced. It's the last piece I need before I can let go of my Bogner Shiva conscience-free.

What takes the place of your Shivas gain channel? I have been toying with the idea of the Salvation Shiver but more for the Facelift mode than a replica of the Shiva

nitrous12 said:
speed2dirt said:

What takes the place of your Shivas gain channel? I have been toying with the idea of the Salvation Shiver but more for the Facelift mode than a replica of the Shiva

To me, the 6L6 Shiva has a more round and sagging bottom. And that's what I love about the clean channel. It's a phenomenal blues/rock amp on the drive side. For me, I like the tone but prefer tighter for 80s metal/thrash, which the JF Pitbull delivers perfectly. Seriously, I cannot think of a tone (whether mod or regular amp) that captures what I've wanted in a distortion channel as well as the Pitbull. It's Marshall-ish, as is the Shiva, but just tighter and with more cut.

So to me, the Shiva clean channel with the JF Pitbull distortion channel all topped off with the SG Afterlife for over the top modern gain is my ideal 3-channel amp. Seriously, those 3 cover the entire spectrum for me.

I'm waiting to see a Dar Amp module
Not that I'm a metal tone freak I'd love to hear the modders take on this style of amp.

I've been thinking about a mod that just provided an effects loop so you could switch in outboard gear instead of a module... like a Plextortion.

Yeah, stupid... I know.

notyet said:
I've been thinking about a mod that just provided an effects loop so you could switch in outboard gear instead of a module... like a Plextortion.

Hmm, you could use the a looper to do that.

Latest posts