Quickmod GT

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LunatiBSW

Reaction score
Have to give this mod some praise.

Had the original Quickmod, felt there was still some elements that I desired to be a keeper in my stable. So I sold it.

Just received the GT version, wow!
Tighter, and better balance for sure. I play pretty fast and these updates really help the module keep up and give it better harmonic value.

Totally impressed and this mod ain't going no where.
It sounds fuller than the previous version, which helps with the balance. I feel the eq is sweeter as well. Really able to find my tone, with being able tweak the right amount of darkness/brightness and cut to perfection.

I feel the hot rod Marshall vibe much better with this update.

Awesome! I never had the regular Quickmod, and I was worried when the Quickmod GT was announced because when I hear "tighter, better for drop-tuned, etc" I think: sterile, scooped.

However, I did buy the Quickmod GT this past week and have to agree that it is THE perfect 80's/ballsy JCM800 high-gain Marshall mod! I have thoroughly enjoyed going through the gears to get everything high-gain I need (from Slash to Nuno Bettencourt to Iron Maiden to Poison and beyond!)

This will never leave my collection either!

Its outstanding beside the 59rr custom also. So it gives me original (slightly modded) tones, then super hot marshall goodness! It seems like it would mesh better (than the original) in a full band scenario also, guess Ill have to wait and see!

All I can say is Ive also found my rodded marshall tone, another great job by Rob

Od2 all day long.
I switch between 2nd gear with higher on the gain knob,
Or 3rd gear half or lower on the gain knob.
I like it aggressive.
What about you?

So far OD1 with gain at about 3 o'clock & gear 2. It is kind of there. Guess I am going to have to put some more time in with it. :lol: