Day 1 LA Amp Show

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

audiomidijace

Reaction score
Great first day at the LA Amp Show for Jaded Faith!
The booth had solid traffic all day and this time around more people were aware of the MTS amps. Still lots of first timers with the amps as well.
We've got two RM50 combo amps and an RM4 with an RT250 and 2x12 cabs.
It's been great to play with all of Rob's new modules.
The Ubersonic is the most devistating metal tone! It has so much low end that the walls would rattle. Sitting on the speaker cabinet was an exhilerating experience I can tell you. :lol:
I'm in LOVE with the TWOX! Tweed/Vox combo module. That's my new clean channel. Done.
There's other new mods that have been out for a while, but that
I hadn't had a chance to try.
That SnakeBite is pretty bad ***. I need more time with this one too.
D-Zilla is very impressive. I didn't think I would like it but I did.
GrailTone is killer. Just what I expected to hear.
I haven't had enough time with the Wrecked yet. With no volume knob on the module you've got to adjust your gain structure a bit to compensate. More later.
I think I'm going to have to have the Silverado! I just bonded with it Immediately.
If you're in So Cal bring your favorite guitar and come on down.
This is my favoite weekend of the year!

Day 2 was great as well. I wanted to come back to reporting on some of the modules that I got some more time with.

Snakebite:This one is surprisingly versatile. I could get it all the way down to a clean tone that is just breaking up nicely. Some great low gain tones too. Then it lives up to it's name with the high gain. It's not as huge sounding as the Ubersonic, but it cuts better and is a "clearer" tone if that makes any sense. Very tight.

Wrecked: Extremely organic and touch sensitive. "Raw" is a fitting term. Perfect for the guy who just wants one channel and to control it with his guitar volume knob. Cleans up extremely well. Perfect for classic rock.

Earlier in the day I had a guy come in and just SHRED. Strangely he did it with my Tele and an the Ubersonic! My Tele has extremely twangy Rio Grande pickups. You would have never known that the way this guy tore it up.
Later we had Thrash rhythm player that went through all of the highest gain modules VERY loudly. Impressive, but too loud for too long! My ears are still bleeding! But that's what a show like this is about.

The last hour of the show we got to enjoy a master of the Telecaster country style! He went through the Twox, Vybe Deluxe and Texas Special. He was inspired to play differently from the tone of each. They all sounded great, but I liked him best on the Texas Special.

In closing, I was reminded how much I liked some of the older modules. '59RR, Mark X, Brahma #39, Rverb and Super Clean. All great tones!
Cheers,
Jace

First off, many thanks to Jace for all of your help and talents this weekend. You are a true gentleman, excellent with people and a true friend. Hanging with you was a highlight of the show for me.

It was a fantastic show yet again this year. A sincere thanks to everyone that came by and checked out the booth. There is nothing I enjoy more than meeting you all and talking tone.

One of the most memorable things for me was the opportunity to speak on the Hi-Gain Wizards panel with Reinhold, Dave, George, Jerry and Nial. I have the utmost respect for all of these gentlemen, their products and achievements. To be considered in the same circle as them truly an honor. They are all part of the "Good-Guys Club" of amplification and that has become a brotherhood I am proud to be a part of.

Jace was spot on about the highlights of the weekend. Many talented players treated us to the opportunity to listen to my products in a very intimate setting. It's awesome to see your creations inspire others.

As noted, the ?bersonic owns. It constantly shook the smoke detector right off the wall. You have been warned. :lol:

Jaded Faith said:
One of the most memorable things for me was the opportunity to speak on the Hi-Gin Wizards panel

You know, I thought it looked more like a wine tasting... !

gin_zps4f951604.jpg
[/img]

It was nice meeting Jace and Rob in person and hanging out a little bit. The modules all sounded great.

My next module will be the Silverado. It sounds great both overdriven and on the edge of breakup. It can get the classic Marshall tones, but it does other sounds as well. A cool module for sure.