R'Verb as clean?

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Corium_AZ

Reaction score
Quick question on the R'Verb. I love the tone of these mods (per samples), and feel that it nails the dirty channel of the Rockerverb. That said, I also love the clean tones the Rockerverbs produce. I'm wondering if the R'Verb cleans up nice at low gain, and if it'd sound good still if I hit it with a tube-screamer or OD pedal?

I'm trying to make it both my clean and low gainer. I know the Salvation Graphic and OR have clean settings, and seem to sound great, though I dont know how theybrespond to an OD/TS pedal either.

Are there any ala cart mods that could make the R'Verb work in this fashion if it does not in standard form?

Thanks.

- Bruce J.

My understanding is that the Rverb can be set pretty clean. I am guessing its going to be the more british kind of clean that has a splash of grit on it.

I should be receiving mine Monday and will explore the lighter side a bit and try to record a quick clip.

I like to think of it as an up front vox sound. Honestly, I like the clean side of this mod better than the dirty!

I got my Rverb today. While I couldn't play it very loud I am liking what I am hearing so far.
The clean sounds really good. I like dropping the gain way down and putting the boost on for the clean tone. The opposite was cool for mid gain....gain up to 1 or 2:00 and boost off.

I gotta get the volume up a bit to really see what she does but so far so good and I would say it has a great clean tone.

I don't have any kind of overdrive pedal to try that out.

Now having owned my R'Verb for a few weeks, I can report that it is quite difficult to clean this mod up. Well, to be more specific, I lose all low end if the gain is reduced to the point of making it clean, which is not the effect I want. Also, the super hot 498/500T PU's in my LP and Flying V dont help much with this, but I still had trouble shaving the hair off of the tone, while retaining the low end even with my buddy's Tele or Strat. Maybe my RVerb is a special case, lol. I dont know... In any case, it makes a fantastic mid, to high, to insane gain mod. Tons of tones in this guy...

Corium_AZ said:
Now having owned my R'Verb for a few weeks, I can report that it is quite difficult to clean this mod up. Well, to be more specific, I lose all low end if the gain is reduced to the point of making it clean, which is not the effect I want. Also, the super hot 498/500T PU's in my LP and Flying V dont help much with this, but I still had trouble shaving the hair off of the tone, while retaining the low end even with my buddy's Tele or Strat. Maybe my RVerb is a special case, lol. I dont know... In any case, it makes a fantastic mid, to high, to insane gain mod. Tons of tones in this guy...

Not too surprised by this. I was toying with cleaner tones on my Rverb at pretty low volume and it didn't seem too bad. I think when you get it cooking a little more you see the effect of loosing the bottom end w/out the gain more.