Ubersonic on Facebook

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks and sounds like the Afterlife - even using the dual lit LEDs. Is this a co-development with Scott?

Ulf said:
Looks and sounds like the Afterlife - even using the dual lit LEDs. Is this a co-development with Scott?
No, not at all. I have actually had these knobs in the shop as of about 4 years ago. I intended to use them as part of the water-theme of the Super Clean. Unfortunately, I couldn't obtain the required values to make them work in Super Clean. So they sat in a drawer in the shop.

Fast forward to the Ubersonic. I combed the Earth looking for an LED strip that would fit the faceplate and work on the voltage available only to come up empty handed. As such, the clear pots got dusted off and put to use in their place.

As for the sound comparison, I can't really comment on that. I will say Reinhold Bogner himself was in the booth right across from us and he though it sounded quite impressive.

I HAD to order one after playing it at the Amp Show. The low end can be HUGE, but it doesn't have to be. You can really dial the EQ well on this one. My favorite comment was from a user who said "I just sold my Bogner Ubershcall because the EQ section sucked. THIS is how it should have functioned and sounded."
Someone also told me that Guitar Center returned ALL of the Bogner Uberschall pedals for the same reason! Said person was very impressed with the Ubersonic module.

I've had a donor there for couple weeks trying to decide.
I think it's gonna become an Uber