SVP

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Boy, I hope so! I was doing some research on 60s - 70s Ampegs and it seems that some/most of their bass amps were guitar amps w/o reverb, vibrato, etc. Not sure if the SVT and V4 were the same.

With all of the research I have done the V4 was a 100 watt version of the big SVT. And the I think the big difference between the guitar and bass versions was the reverb. Other than that I believe they were identical circuits.
Tom Verlaine, Richard lloyd and Josh homme are good company.

I used to own a big old Ampeg and that sucker was loud! This was before the days of the gain knob, so in order to get it to warm up you had to crank it. I noticed that the SVP has a gain knob which would make it useable for guitar too.

Any ideas how this would sound with a bass thru an RM100 and a bass cab? Would the power section of the RM100 have enough power to give a good bass tone?

I had an Ampeg V4 stack (8x12) in '73. The SVT and the V4 had different EQ.
I also played through an SVT with 2x8 10" speakers (16x10) If I remember right the V4 had 2 volume controls with switchable sensitivity and 1 set of tones with switchable mids through an active+/- network with wound toroids in the circuit. ( like the inductors in a wah pedal. used 4x7027A tubes.
Had to ture it up to get a sustain overdrive. Cut like a saw.

davisj76 said:
Any ideas how this would sound with a bass thru an RM100 and a bass cab? Would the power section of the RM100 have enough power to give a good bass tone?

I 'm running a KT88 loaded RM100 and a SEALED 2x15 cab loaded with EVs. Does it work? Sure.....if you like Mot?rhead. Modern and clean? Nope.....not even close.....Big nasty Marshall flavored thunder is more like it. I keep meaning to put together a "legit" MTS bass rig. Thinking like an RM4 into a lightweight QSC poweramp, but just never get around to it . My Hartke rig just does what I want it to do.....so it's back burner right now. But in the studio.....**** yah.....rock that RM100......SuperClean and PlexiTweed make killer bass mods....