Module with the best "crispness"? (EVH content)

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WienerDog

Reaction score
I'm wondering what modules are good at capturing that crispy top end that EVH had on his tone back in the early days. A great example can be heard on the intro to "Fools." The tone a slight bit of fizzy seasoning on top, which makes it sound very open.

My guess is that the Plexi module with a gain boost in front of it might do the trick. But if any of you have other thoughts, what say you?

WienerDog said:
I'm wondering what modules are good at capturing that crispy top end that EVH had on his tone back in the early days. A great example can be heard on the intro to "Fools." The tone a slight bit of fizzy seasoning on top, which makes it sound very open.

My guess is that the Plexi module with a gain boost in front of it might do the trick. But if any of you have other thoughts, what say you?

From everything I have heard the Jaded Faith Grailtone is ALL about early Van Halen tones. Go listen to the demos on his site. VERY cool!

Can't wait to get mine!

Keep the Faith!

H