Camerock....Sweet!

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I just received one I bought from a member here and I'm impressed!

So much to like about this mod!

I was concerned it might just be a hot rod that only ran at full throttle... that it couldn't be dynamic at all.... but it has some room to play in there. It wont be doing jazz or anything like that but it's got some variety to it.

Lots of great hard to heavy stuff for sure. I'm re-living my heavy rocker days right now.

I was already happy with it through a Randall RT2/50 into an Eminence Governor when I tried it into an EVM12L and then I knew I was going to have this one for a long time! I could really hear all the nuance in the different gain settings with the EV.

Well done to all who made this mod happen!

While there are many flavors to taste...you will find that the Camerock is second to none in overall quality of tone. Excellent crunch to full on high gain tones.
Definitely the perfect measuring stick.

One of my Fav mods! I wish it has built in noise gate, it can get really noisy on the bright settings and I play only at low (bedroom rawker :lol:) volumes

I've been leaning towards pulling the trigger on a dual Camerock...
I think if I lean anymore I'm gonna fall over! Time to pull the trigger!!

Good to hear others concur that this mod is everything I've heard it to be..

Extrageration wrote: "I've been leaning towards pulling the trigger on a dual Camerock...
I think if I lean anymore I'm gonna fall over! Time to pull the trigger!!"

I have a dual version and it's sick. The Camerock is arguably one of the best MTS mods available and on the dual platform it is even better.

Congrats on the Camerock- truly a unique masterpiece!
Could you talk more about the Eminence<>EV comparisons?
Thanks!

crankyrayhanky said:
Congrats on the Camerock- truly a unique masterpiece!
Could you talk more about the Eminence<>EV comparisons?
Thanks!

Sure, the Eminence Governor is like a Celestion Vintage 30 but smoother in the eq curve in the mids. I like it a little more than the Vintage 30.

The EVM12L is bigger sounding, fuller, much more open sounding, more bass, no hint of speaker breakup contributing to the sound.

The EVM12L seems to just let all the frequency range and characteristics of the amp come pouring out where the Governor sounds kind of narrower and thin by comparison. for example, if I dial in a similar medium distortion kind of sound on two different amps using the Governor, or a Celestion G12H30, and then switch to the EVM12L the two amps suddenly don't sound so similar....it's like the speaker is delivering the sound but not compressing or masking or adding anything to it.

I'm using a couple different amps and they all sound better to me through the EVM12L both clean sounds and dirty.

It is a matter of taste regarding speakers. I know some people like the low wattage speaker break up and some like a clean speaker that puts out a more precise sound of the amps tone. I am a clean speaker kind of guy. I have a pair of EV-SROs with the coffee can magnets that are unbelievable at capturing all of the warmth of a tube amp. But, they are too heavy to put in my MTS rig. I have found that Weber has a version of a JBL D120 that is pretty **** close. I use them and they are a little cheaper than the EVs. I haven't put them in my RM20 or Rm50 yet. but in my big rig they sound incredible.

Latest posts