Where mts is headed...

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
be kind of hard to imagine it getting any bigger considering there is only one modder that is really accessible to us in the US.Salvation is great,but the wait time and if you have technical issues(which I have),it is hard to deal with,through through no fault of salvo's own,just distance,customs,etc....he was always great,even helped with used mods.....then the other modders werent exactly reliable in my experience aside from JF.....unless someone starts making them agian and we got some more modders,wouldnt expect much.Digital modeling seems to be so advanced now too....I really liked the mts stuff alot,and still consider getting back into it,but I think about some of my experiences and kind of back track.....still thinking I may get a RM50 and a few mods,I actually liked alot of the stockers too.....

You need to face it guys, MTS never did take off and it's been dying a slow death for years now. Nothing will change that. A modular system isn't something that Guitar Center and Sam Ash can deal with. They wouldn't be able to leave modules in the amps or they would be stolen and their employees don't have the time to keep trading out modules for you to demo.
So Bruce doesn't have ANY incentive to try and produce new MTS products.

The boutique guys would rather spend more money on Friedman, Bogner and the likes.

It's only the guys on this forum (and a handful of others) that are keeping MTS on life support. The moment Salvation and Jaded Faith stop investing in module modifications the plug will be officially pulled and this party will be over. The forum would probably last for another year after that while we all trade out our remaining gear. After that, a few random items on Ebay and Craigslist over the next 5 years. That's it.

All of that said, I have no plans of dumping my MTS rig. It's still the best tone I've ever had. So I will likely buy a back up RM4 and RT-250 within the next year. Perhaps a few more modules and then I'm just going to live with it as long as the gear holds up.

Happy Holidays? :roll:

Not sure I agree with all that per say. There are a ton of products that are no longer made, or specifically supported, that remain both easily attainable and sought after. I kinda think the MTS stuff will go the way of Hamer guitars. Arguably some of the best crafted and sounding guitars ever made, relatively unknown (also primarily due to poor marketing), sold new for a significant price, cheap by comparison now (but not cheap really), still desired by those who know them, new musicians finding out about them regularly and seeking them out, others drifting away from them. I think it's a fitting analogy.

Just because the mfg and modders find other things to do, does not mean the existing modules/amps evaporate. They will remain coveted by those that desire versatile tube tone. Actually, supply and demand will dictate that most likely, if the modders get out, prices will rise as there still will be plenty of demand, it'll just all be secondhand. They will continue to be discovered by either new musicians, or more experienced ones that happen to discover them (like myself only a few months ago, and I've always been a gear ***** and I had NEVER heard of these). People will come and go, but as long as there is a demand, there will be a market. Maybe not enough for 'new' modules, but there is already quite the existing inventory of stock and modded modules out there. Enough for folks to buy, sell and trade for many years to come.

Now, if the digital stuff ever gets to the point where it can actually get 'that tone' (still a ways to go yet, IMO), then that would make these, and all other tube amps for that matter, obsolete. That's when stuff becomes worthless, lol. Just be sure to sell all your stuff before that point, if/when it comes, lol. Also, dont count out the possibility that some breakthrough, new, music changing instrument of some kind gets invented, possibly rendering all of our stuff obsolete. In this day and age, this is possible at any moment really.

An apt comparison for me would be Robin guitars. Not for everyone, but undeniably badass. I have one and just love it.

I had the luck to visit the factory and meet Dave once. Very solid set up and serious woods. The neck plays like buttah.

Latest posts