Has anyone tried the Wrecked?

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Rossness

Reaction score
It looks like an interesting module. I'm looking for some feedback on it who's played it?

Yes. I use it as a clean tone with mini humbuckers in a Les Paul. It sounds amazing! And all you have to do is roll up the volume on the guitar to get a nice, natural breakup. That's all without the gain switch engaged, which adds even more raw rock 'n roll tone.

P.S. I have mine loaded with two 12AT7s for a smooth, round clean and mid-gain tone. The 12AX7s add even more grit, but I thought it made it sound too harsh/rough for the tone I was going for.

I have one as well. At first I wasn't sure if I liked it but Rob informed me that just like the original, it pretty much needs to be cranked to get the full effect. That made a big difference! Speed2dirt is also right about the tonal difference when you back the volume of the guitar off vs. running the guitar full out.....it gets a nice, warm, gritty tone with the guitar volume up. I am 60 years old and grew up with old Fenders, Gibsons, Ampegs and marshalls before they had gain knobs or channels. This amp is like a great old amp that sings when you crank it. don't expect an XMG, XTC, Recto type sound out of it. It just doesn't do the high gain thing. It is hard to describe....sort of like a tweed bassman or Marshall SL but with a more in your face sound and feel. There is a gain switch that you can turn on and it gets a cool sound at lower volume. But it does sound best cranked!

ricky said:
I have one as well. At first I wasn't sure if I liked it but Rob informed me that just like the original, it pretty much needs to be cranked to get the full effect. That made a big difference! Speed2dirt is also right about the tonal difference when you back the volume of the guitar off vs. running the guitar full out.....it gets a nice, warm, gritty tone with the guitar volume up. I am 60 years old and grew up with old Fenders, Gibsons, Ampegs and marshalls before they had gain knobs or channels. This amp is like a great old amp that sings when you crank it. don't expect an XMG, XTC, Recto type sound out of it. It just doesn't do the high gain thing. It is hard to describe....sort of like a tweed bassman or Marshall SL but with a more in your face sound and feel. There is a gain switch that you can turn on and it gets a cool sound at lower volume. But it does sound best cranked!

I agree with every word. Nice with OD pedals too! An RM50 with a Wrecked and a Vybe Deluxe would be the ultimate vintage tone combo amp!