What are the best non high gain Marshall mods?

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm looking for some mods to fill an M4

I have the VX and three empty slots. I'm leaning to the Camerock for high gain but would like something maybe JTM like, something that has some warmth/thickness and low gain when guitar volume is rolled down.

I saw a video of the Buddy, maybe it would work.
It seems everything in the mod videos is either really hot rodded
or cleans with VX and Bman.

Not much for pre-80's classic rock kind of stuff.

What's a good low to mid gain Marshall mod?

You might consider getting a stock plexi or JTM and have the base mod done by JF. I have a stock plexi and it is a nice warm mid gain module that feels really nice and does what it is supposed to. If you want a mod that can do that and then some I would highly recommend the JF 59RR. I can make the Plexi and 59RR sound identical but then with the flip of a switch or two the 59RR goes into some other extraordinary territories.

The JF 59RR will cover all Marshall sounds from JTM up to JCM900.
I run a 4 channel system and I use the 59RR as channel 2 which is a very soft overdrive. Great clarity and tone.

The Jaded Faith Silverado is an amazing mod. Period.
You had also mentioned the Salavation Camerock. This is also amazingly versatile mod. Yes, it's labeled a as a high gain mod; but there's a lot more to be found once you start tweaking the gain knobs.
My suggestion is to buy both, that's what I did.

horseblanket
Posted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:33 am Post subject:
how about the salvation Mash-All+?

I can't speak for the Mash-All. On the other hand the Sacred Groove MK22 or MK22 and the Jaded Faith Grail Tone are also killer mods. They are both Marshall based and both cover a boat load of territory. I also mentioned previously in this post my endorsement of the Camerock and Silverado.
There are both a Camerock and a MK22II listed in the classifieds now. You can't wrong with either of them.

For lower Gain marshall tones, I'd steer you towards Jaded Faith mods. His 1959rr and Plexi/ Tweed should be right up your alley.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vA_9Psl_dxs

Latest posts