New M4 rig... just arrived today !!!!!!

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's funny... I didn't think of angelic voices, but for some reason had a flashback to those old Parkay commercials with the talking tub of margerine.

--B

D@#$... close to 2 months gone by... still haven't recorded those demo clips. I suck!

Anyway, having read up on the new modules on the updated egnater.com, I called up Frank today and placed an order for 4 more modules: T/D, COD, SL2, MHG -- that'll give me pretty much everything but the B'MAN. Not sure what the ETA is on 'em yet, but I'm pumped about having even more modules to play with! :)

--B

Hey Brent ,

I was curious to know how the M4 compared to the Vendetta .I see you just ordered the SL2 and MHG .. overall how is the tone ..do you find it as punchy as the Vendetta .is it noisy on the high gain setting .how does the recto and eg3/4 compare more gain ,less gain ...same or different mids .
I love the vendetta ..but would seriously entertain an M2 pre with TD/SL2 or MHG for a more portable sys .but i do love Vendetta .is the M4 better in your opinion different or very similar .

Congrats on the new M4!

A bit off topic-

I had a quick question on the dragster, as I'm thinking I'll pick one up for my practice rig. I am now using a korg p4x, which sounds alright, but I'm really not liking the feel at all. Maybe because even for practice amps I'm used to still using a guitar cabinet and speaker, instead of headphones and desktop speakers, but do you think the dragster will help get the "feel" back of plugging into a regular amp, or even into a solid state practice combo? The sound is also extreme compressed too, wonder if this can help it out somehow?

Again congrats on the new m4, and post clips when you can!

Alright... the new modules should be shipping out today :) so I'm trying to clear the weekend to get a bit of "recording time" booked...

In response to the ?'s above...

It's hard to compare the M4 to the Vendetta, just because the voicings between the modules are so different. I think the VX and E-RECT modules are closest (so far), but find the Vendetta to be a bit warmer (but that's coming from someone who thinks that genuine Voxes and Rectifiers sound a bit cold). It's almost like the Vendetta's high gain channels (3&4) are a cross between the E-RECT and EG3/4 modules--they have some of the rectifier edge, but smoothed out with more mids. Will be interesting to see how the MHG and SL2 fit into the spectrum.

As for the Dragster, I think it would be a great fit with the Korg... I had a PXR4 at one point and while it had some decent tones in it, didn't have great "feel". The good news is that the Dragster's relatively inexpensive (for something from Radial) and quite small (smaller than the Korg boxes), so it's a relatively "cheap" experiment and should not be too cumbersome to deal with in the long-term.

--B

Hell yeah... today's the day...

m4modules.jpg

'Nuff said...

--B