Salvation video clip - MTS promotion

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blacksun

Reaction score
To help vitalise our languishing forum and fight the mts gear ignorance of the world...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ilzRBlzGmw&feature=youtu.be

Hope Anthony doesn't mind some promotion, a true genius IMO

So essentially , all the high gain stuff sound within 90% of each other and the same applies for the cleans....

Some of the players were a little rough as well! They should have mic'ed that setup up!

Kapo_Polenton said:
So essentially , all the high gain stuff sound within 90% of each other and the same applies for the cleans....

I think this is basically true....given that they are probably all playing through similar power amp/tubes, can get a little more variety by switching out power tubes

They might not quite feel as close nor sound as close in the room..I noticed I tend to dial my modules in closely because it's what I like to hear....I suspect many do the same.

Love a couple of the low/mid gain modules I've not really heard before...Supra and DuoPlex.

I love the Camerock but don't think it's best suited to down tuned stuff at all.

Not sure what was meant by the 90% comments. For me, I can get a pretty similar tone from any of the cleans or any of the high gains. the difference for me is feel. feel affects my style as much as tone. So it is not all about the tone of the amp but what it takes to get that tone. Same with guitars and pick ups. I don't want this to sound new age-y or nuthin' but guitars and amps kind of tell me how to play them and that takes a while to get to.
I have certain mics that sound marginal with one acoustic guitar but just shine on a different one. My vintage strat sounds like **** with the XMG but is stunning on the SuperClean. Kind of opposite with my JEM. Then again, sometimes when I change pick ups, I end up changing amps as the sound can be similar but it feels different. I love having so many options with the MTS stuff.

I found myself really digging that Supro. And not enjoying the dude playing through the Camerock.

The suprabold is a pretty "unique" and "honest" sounding module IMO, I think it's been flying under the radar of most mts:ers.

To me the Camerock is out of its true element here, it can be pretty evil sounding but it truly shines doing 80s sunset - but be aware, it always makes you end up practising higher gain pentatonic riffing

Anyone having had the pleasure of owning a duoplex?

The douplex sounded really good to me and I would be very interested in trying one even though I prefer dual modules.

Yeah, the drop tuning on the camerock sounded mean, but its not where the camerock shines.
The Supro is now on my radar, and I kinda digged that Vamp as well..

Johnny Wadd said:
Yeah, the drop tuning on the camerock sounded mean, but its not where the camerock shines.
The Supro is now on my radar, and I kinda digged that Vamp as well..

I agree man. I find myself looking for lower to mid gain tones now and both of those sound cool.

Latest posts