Snakebite vs Erect

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nitrous12

Reaction score
I have found some comments comparing the two, but thought a thread dedicated to it may bring out some good discussion.

I had a Snakebite for a while when they first came out. It was fairly early in my adventures into MTS stuff and I was still really hell bent on finding the best hot rodded Marshall inspired tones. I gave it a shot, but it just wasn't fitting what I was really after.
As I have tried a fair share of the replica mods now I have settled in on some of what I like best and have also tried to get rid of overlaps and build in some versatility to my arsenal.

It all brings me back to an interest in Recto tones. I have had a love hate relationship with Mesa stuff over the years. I have owned a Tremoverb, a 3 Ch Dual Rec and a Roadster. Tverb was by far my favorite. I never played a Framus, which is what the Snakebite is more closely designed after from what I understand. I would prefer more traditional straight up Recto replication.
Although I have definitely found over the past 6 or so years that I favor Marshalls, I do sometimes enjoy what the Recto tone can do...especially for the more modern rock type moments.

How does the Snakebite and Erect compare? Anyone interested in a temporary trade to demo arrangement...your Erect for something in my sig.

Thanks!

The Snakebite is based on the Framus Cobra amp. While it is a high gain monster and very thick, it's a very different flavor from the JF Erect which is based on the Dual Rectifier. I prefer the Erect. So to speak.

Darn if you still had the Snakebite, I'd have been up for a tryout trade with my ERect.

ERect is monstrous sounding