unknown maker.

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

seven-eleven

Reaction score
Got a rm20 combo the other day picked it up with two modules
for $220 here in Australia, that's stupid cheap here so i wasn't
expecting any modded modules but one of them is and i have no
idea what it is.

its a kerry king jcm800 mod just wanted to know if any you guys
know who did this mod?

sorry for the terrible photo.

Nice?.Great price and a potentially awesome find?I know there are forumites who will see this and stain their trousers?If it works well, even better?Without knowing whose work it is, I will say it's GREAT faceplate!

Question one: Does the mod cop that tone well?

Question two: If so, can you post gut shots? If the modder comes forward and wishes to black goop the project that is fine?Until then, can we have a small peek?

Happy Holidays my MTS friends,
Fig

If I had to take a wild guess, it looks like a Pete faceplate. No idea about the mod without gut shots.

There was a couple of Aussie guys who used to frequent the forum a bit and did some of their own mods and sourced someone to do the faceplates a while back. I'm not certain but I thought I saw something similar to that mod in one of their setups.

yep,I know who the guy was,used to come on here,sold most of his mods quite some time ago,had a RM100 with alot of mods done to it,dont know that it ever sold,was priced pretty high....not saying to wouldnt have been worth it,but we all know how that goes....

So how does it sound? Any interest in selling/trading it?

Mattfig said:
Question two: If so, can you post gut shots? If the modder comes forward and wishes to black goop the project that is fine?Until then, can we have a small peek?

Any word on uploading pics? I'd love to see what it looks like. The internals might also help identify the modder.

Yo dudes! Wow it's been yonks since I've been on here!!! That is indeed my mod I made a few years ago!

I replicated it off my 2203kk I had. Tasty sounding module it was.

I'm happy to answer any questions you blokes may have.

As for my RM100 I never sold it as it just turned into a monster and still rocks my world.

The Tbag is back. Man you made some bomber mods. Your Recto is still one of the best I've heard. You don't have one hiding somewhere for sale anywhere still do ya.

Hey Tbag, do you have any clips of this Kerry King signature? I'd love to hear it. That faceplate is amazing! You still in the business of modding or is that a past life you've left behind?

Hey guys, I don't think I have any clips, I've got various ones on YouTube under BareMetalMods.

I still have my recto module, I accidentally picked up a Dave Friedman recto some time ago and I can tell you it's anything but like mine or a real one.

With the concept of the presence pot on the recto module, this was actually my idea and discovery after owning a rectifier recording preamp. I used to chat with Anthony extensively night after night about MTS. He then asked if it was ok to put it on his own dead plate module with credits from me but I said no it's fine. I wasn't wanting the modding game for business as there were guys already doing it and the money and time just wasn't worth it. I was and have been studying amps/electronics and modding for sometime now and my mind just kept leading onto bigger and better things.

It is funny now how I look back at how simple amps are designed and function now, and I'm sure 50 years ago like most things everyone knew how to make or fix practically everything.

I'm pretty sure I obliterated any and all experiments MTS wise so if you guys have any questions I'm happy to help!

Cheers

I have a question...

You still in Sydney, I want a JCM800 2203KK module, possible? :)

I sold the modded SP77 when money was tight :(
Biggest mistake in a long long long time, that thing was a goldmine!

sorry not replying, just got back from holiday.

Tbag, this module is absolutely killer had 4 msg from people wanting
to buy it off me sorry to say but i can imagine myself parting ways
with it anytime soon its filled a gap that's been plaguing my ears for
agers.

im useing it through my rm20 combo as my rack set up has been packed away for the time being (decided to try the egnater Armageddon) and for
only one space with this beauty controlling my guitar volume and using my green rhino i can get a brilliant high gain and mid gain as well as a workable clean great for practicing.

will have to pull out the rack and get some ball behind it.