Egnater COD...

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JKD

Reaction score
Anyone use this module? Never hear much about it these days and I personally think it's the unsung hero of the whole Egnater line,...nothing sounds quite like it IMHO.

Although to be honest, it does push me to just wank away on the strings...LOL

Rob and Antonin do similar deals and I've had both...but nothing quite touches the OD sounds of the Egnater....agree or disagree?

drewiv said:
Did not like. It became a JF OD Special almost instantly.

Interesting, I value your opinion highly..since you are such an MTS ***** :), how would you compare and contrast the two?

I found the OD Special harsh and a little lacking in gain compared to my COD...even with same tubes...did not quite sing and slur the way I like on the COD.

FWIW, I did make one component change on my COD but I'm not sure it's a night and day change.

JKD said:
drewiv said:

Interesting, I value your opinion highly..since you are such an MTS ***** :), how would you compare and contrast the two?

I found the OD Special harsh and a little lacking in gain compared to my COD...even with same tubes...did not quite sing and slur the way I like on the COD.

FWIW, I did make one component change on my COD but I'm not sure it's a night and day change.

I'm guessing from your description that we just wanted two different things from the module. I generally agree with your assessment.

I would say these things - I find that the OD Special has a bit more bite even though it has slightly less gain. I generally like a more smooth or fluid tone, but I felt that JF captured more of that Dumble-esque tone. Which is pretty much the reason for the module in the collection.

drewiv said:
JKD said:
drewiv said:

I'm guessing from your description that we just wanted two different things from the module. I generally agree with your assessment.

I would say these things - I find that the OD Special has a bit more bite even though it has slightly less gain. I generally like a more smooth or fluid tone, but I felt that JF captured more of that Dumble-esque tone. Which is pretty much the reason for the module in the collection.

Could be different speakers also...v30/12h30 here.

Bite is definitely the difference...sounds like we are on the same page, cheers Drew.

I bet we could have the same discussion on the EG3/4...just don't think the Egnaters get anywhere near enough credit..I had a ton of them and some custom modded ones, should never have let any of them go.

JKD said:
Could be different speakers also...v30/12h30 here.

Bite is definitely the difference...sounds like we are on the same page, cheers Drew.

I bet we could have the same discussion on the EG3/4...just don't think the Egnaters get anywhere near enough credit..I had a ton of them and some custom modded ones, should never have let any of them go.

I generally use WGS Vet 30/HM75 with the MTS gear. Not sure why, just what I plug into.

I absolutely love the EG3/4, very nice module. That module really has its own vibe going on.

The COD module has one more gain stage than a single channel ODS module. That's a big part of the difference Steve. That said, I'll bet you would love a base modded or dual ODS.

Latest posts