EGIE 3/4

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nitrous12

Reaction score
Interested in learning more about this one. Announced on FB but not yet on the website. Perhaps anyone that knows what the IE3/4 is about can educate me on what this thing is replicating.

I'll get it on the site this week. Too much going on this weekend with the holidays to record a demo. Probably Tuesday because the shop is closed and I'll have some free time then.

Would this module be similar to the stock dual channel EG3/4?

Skip to about 1:40 in: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rAWFizNAvtU

If we are talking those kinds of tones I am in for one of these!

That video is very accurate to what you can expect from this one. I just got feed back from the customer who commissioned it and here is what he had to say:

"Dude you NAILED it. Thank you so much!"

He actually owned the prototype modded amp that became the basis for the 3/4 channel of the IE4, so he had quite a history for this tone.

FWIW, I am mainly playing a 2000 American Standard Strat loaded with Lace Gold/Gold/Purple in my current original project and this module instantly just became my gain channel.

Jaded Faith said:
That video is very accurate to what you can expect from this one. I just got feed back from the customer who commissioned it and here is what he had to say:

"Dude you NAILED it. Thank you so much!"

He actually owned the prototype modded amp that became the basis for the 3/4 channel of the IE4, so he had quite a history for this tone.

FWIW, I am mainly playing a 2000 American Standard Strat loaded with Lace Gold/Gold/Purple in my current original project and this module instantly just became my gain channel.

How's it with humbuckers? Maybe it will get me breaking my Strat out more but my Humbucker guitars are what I always lean to.

Well I am glad I held on to making any statements until I tried the EGIE3/4 iny MOD50 which I did tonight. I am digging it, but for some reason it didn't sound good in my RM100. The RM was hooked up when I got theod so the few times I fired it up it was in there. The tone just seemed really buried...something I don't find in comparing other mods between the two amps so I was concerned it was the module.
In the MOD50 the 3 side is nice and open with a cool grind that is tight but still smooth. The 4 side rocks pretty hard and is chewy and very fluid. It seems similar so far to my XTC but with a different smooth thickness going on. I need to get them side by side.

Cool stuff!

Pretty spot on how I hear it as well. Smokey, syrupy and chewy are all adjectives I would use for sure. In conjunction with my Strat or Tele through an RM50 combo it became my choice gain channel instantly for use with my original band.

I need to explore why it sounded like it did in the RM. it does have a quad of EL34 where the MOD has a pair of 5881s.

Digging the lower gain settings. Very open and dynamic.

On most days, almost everything sounds better in my MOD50...even with the same tubes...I've given up wondering why. :shrug:

JKD said:
On most days, almost everything sounds better in my MOD50...

QFT.

Sometimes I don't ask why... sometimes. This is a prime example of why I have 3 MOD50s.

I hear you guys, but the difference in other modules I have run in both is not as drastic as it seemed to be with this module.

Played my Strat into it today and was liking the results. JF Superclean for cleans and EGIE 3/4 for overdrive. Outstanding!

So I threw the EGIE back in the RM today and to my surprise it sounded way better.
Now I know my ears perceive things differently at times. I have had jams where I thought a module was excellent only to find something about bugging me the next time. But the difference on this one was truly drastic telling me something just wasn't right. I did use a different slot this time. Sounds different in the RM from the MOD but this time it didn't sound totally buried.

Get a can of DeOxit D5 or any contact cleaner that doesn't leave a residue (they are typically marked as "cleaners and lubricants"). Spray it onto the gold pins of one of your modules and work it in and out of the module slot a few times.