JF PlexiTweed

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nitrous12

Reaction score
Does the PlexiTweed get this level of gain?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lPIFmLqNOhE

I guess I was under the impression that the old Plexi amps had less gain than what this is displaying here and that this was more hot-rodded Plexi type gain.
Either way it sounds great!

The PlexiTweed is based on the JTM45, so it's a generation earlier than the JMP in that video. They will be in the same family though with some minor differences.

I service a lot of those 60's/70's Marshalls here and that video is pretty honest to the real deal. I really feel that video showcases the power section working hard, which is how you get them to sing like that. Most MTS guys I meet don't run their rigs gain staging like that though. The Wrecked mod is actually quite close to what's in that video because it's a non-master volume mod.

Jaded Faith said:
The PlexiTweed is based on the JTM45, so it's a generation earlier than the JMP in that video. They will be in the same family though with some minor differences.

I service a lot of those 60's/70's Marshalls here and that video is pretty honest to the real deal. I really feel that video showcases the power section working hard, which is how you get them to sing like that. Most MTS guys I meet don't run their rigs gain staging like that though. The Wrecked mod is actually quite close to what's in that video because it's a non-master volume mod.

So does that mean the Wrecked has to be loud to get there? Or do you open up the module and dial over all volume on the power amp?

Exactly: Crank the module and lower the Master on the amp. I tried to "keep it real", but it's loud by nature. Every player I have seen play through it have had their eyes pop open and say "now that's different!" Nothing else feels like it in the MTS world.