Jaded Faith Mods Tone Comparison Chart

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jaded Faith said:
My original post has been updated with the 2014 Tone Chart. Hope this helps!

Thanks! This makes me feel better. I have a lot less (percentage wise) of the modules listed on the new chart.

guys is there somewhere i can visit to read about the dual mods?
I'm assuming the prices indicate that there's more than one mod available for that module.
excuse the stupidity of the question,i'm new around these parts :D

Keithf said:
guys is there somewhere i can visit to read about the dual mods?
I'm assuming the prices indicate that there's more than one mod available for that module.
excuse the stupidity of the question,i'm new around these parts :D

Dual mods simply indicate the mod performed on a dual channel Egnater module. They are generally intended for use in the Egnater versions of the modular amps, although I can add a switch to let you use both channels in a Randall. Otherwise a Randall can only access channel A.

sounds great,is that feature footswitchable? is there any video's to see them in use?

Keithf said:
sounds great,is that feature footswitchable? is there any video's to see them in use?

On the Egnater MOD50, MOD100 or M4 you can footswitch between the A and B side of the dual modules. Shared EQ with independent Gain and Volume for each side. The Randall RM100 only can be modified to use the dual modules, but you would need an aftermarket footswitch with at least 4 buttons to access every module and channel.

Here is a link to a dude demo'ing an Egnater EG3/4 module where he goes between both sides. Cut to about 1:25 to hear it in action:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rAWFizNAvtU

What amp do you have?

i'll be picking up my old rm100 on sunday which i sold back in 2005 .
is the mod something that can be done yourself?

Looks like there's room for a natural and saturated module, but what would that be?

Keithf said:
i'll be picking up my old rm100 on sunday which i sold back in 2005 .
is the mod something that can be done yourself?

I don't think so. I know a few years ago Egnater was doing it for like $450, which included return shipping.

Shoot me a PM on this...may have a way to hook you up.

No, the mod is proprietary and requires replacement boards and programmed MIDI boards. I get a lot of questions about MIDI, both regarding the RM100 and amps that don't have it at all like the RM50 and other brands. I don't think people realize MIDI is programmed IC's and it really needs to be incorporated into the design from the beginning if you want it as an internal/integrated solution.

Keep your eyes open for a very limited offer from Jaded Faith Mods coming very soon. :wink:

Jaded Faith said:
As per your requests, we are proud to bring you all the updates Jaded Faith Mods Module Tone Comparison Chart for 2014:

It's an excellent tool for comparing various modules according to their gain and tonal color attributes. Feel free to ask any questions you may have.

- Rob

Let me try to help myself given that those 6 qualities are somewhat subjective. Correct if I am wrong:

Compressed/Saturated = not very dynamic, not very sensitive to picking strength, more subtle pickup definition, sustain for days, more forgiving to sloppy playing and poor picking technique.

Organic/Open = more dynamic, responds well to picking strength, picking technique, guitar volume and tone controls, let pickup tone characteristics go through more clearly, more unforgiving to uneven playing/picking and sloppiness.

Natural = simpler circuit, flatter frequency response, not too much signal filtering or manipulation, clipping more natural and tone may present weirdness when signal is pushed too hard. Usually better sounding up to mid gain.

Extreme = Signal strongly manipulated (filtered) to be focused on particular frequencies (scooped tones come to mind), very high gain and well defined all the way.

mfgobbi said:
Let me try to help myself given that those 6 qualities are somewhat subjective. Correct if I am wrong:

Compressed/Saturated = not very dynamic, not very sensitive to picking strength, more subtle pickup definition, sustain for days, more forgiving to sloppy playing and poor picking technique.

Organic/Open = more dynamic, responds well to picking strength, picking technique, guitar volume and tone controls, let pickup tone characteristics go through more clearly, more unforgiving to uneven playing/picking and sloppiness.

Natural = simpler circuit, flatter frequency response, not too much signal filtering or manipulation, clipping more natural and tone may present weirdness when signal is pushed too hard. Usually better sounding up to mid gain.

Extreme = Signal strongly manipulated (filtered) to be focused on particular frequencies (scooped tones come to mind), very high gain and well defined all the way.

Very good descriptions!