module for soloing

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

amesav

Reaction score
Hey guys what's the best module for screaming leads with plenty of gain & sustain on tap for heavy / Metal. Thanks

Alex

Jaymzrock said:
JF SL-OD100, SM S1S0, and JF XTC SE

I can't disagree with any of these although I don't know I would describe the XTC as screaming.

The JF Ultra-Lead is pretty pissed and can rip with the best of them. Tons of gain available, tracks fast, pumps out some major thump and sings pretty nice.

Most modules have more than enough gain on tap
the only question is which can get 'dirty' enough for those screams

Still there are lots of choices there
any 5150, Cameron, SLO or VHT-mimicking module would do the trick for that
Basically it comes down to a little more 'top end sizzle'

Is there a particular player who's tone you'd want to get close to? Oh and don't forget your delay pedal... I don't always use one but man can that make for fun solo stuff.

Oregon said:
Is there a particular player who's tone you'd want to get close to? Oh and don't forget your delay pedal... I don't always use one but man can that make for fun solo stuff.
. I really love John petrucci lead tone and anything heavier than that for metal style of music !!!

nitrous12 said:
Jaymzrock said:
JF SL-OD100, SM S1S0, and JF XTC SE

I can't disagree with any of these although I don't know I would describe the XTC as screaming.

The JF Ultra-Lead is pretty pissed and can rip with the best of them. Tons of gain available, tracks fast, pumps out some major thump and sings pretty nice.
thanks man I was thinking about the Ultra Lead before I got the XMG+ !!