Possible to get Salvation Mods repaired in the US?

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Whoopysnorp

Reaction score
I have a Stoner AD that has had an intermittent problem where the gain channel loses volume and sounds like somebody threw about seven blankets over the cab, and it's finally getting the point where it is doing this more often than not. Does anybody know whether Anthony has some kind of authorized repair guy in the US (I thought I had heard something about this being in the works at some point), or will I have to send it back to the man himself?

I actually have that problem with my Camerock, I asked for some help a while back and the tubes kept coming up as a possible issue so I changed the tubes and after a minute of playing its like the gain and volume suddenly drop.

Then again it will probably cost me the same to ship it to him as it would to the u.s unfortunately!

I've had that exact problem with 3 of my Salvation mods. I ended up getting my Tech to replace the volume and gain pots but he also had to fix some loose solder joints. Once he'd gone thru it and done that I haven't had the problem since.

davetheslave said:
I've had that exact problem with 3 of my Salvation mods. I ended up getting my Tech to replace the volume and gain pots but he also had to fix some loose solder joints. Once he'd gone thru it and done that I haven't had the problem since.

That is not very reassuring. I am about to place an order for some Salvation mods maybe I will have to reconsider.

As someone who owns and has owned much of the Salvation Mods catalogue I have never had an issue with a new or used mod. Does it happen? Sure, with all mods and all amps?.

But Anthony's work is top notch, I'm sure there will be more who agree?.

Guys, I can assure you that Anthony's work is top notch.
Not sure why this thread is starting to seem like a knock against Anthony's work, but it sure does seem like it.

I've had nothing but good experience with Salvation - the work is very nice, the quality is impeccable, and the tone speaks for itself.

If your having problems with an item. I encourage you to talk with him. Hell.. I'll even be the middle man if you wish.

I just hate seeing this "piling on" .

I'm gonna suggest something folks might not like...

I bought a used early model S150 and the base metal plate was bent, and it didn't have the mid sweep.

Rob at Jaded Faith took care of both for me (he runs a highly qualified repair shop). Also you could try Trace at Voodoo - my experience with Rob was affordable and perfectly done.

Whoa now, I didn't want to cast any aspersions. Any handmade electronics are susceptible to faults, especially when some of them have been shipped hundreds of miles on multiple occasions.

I can see both sides of this... on one hand, it "appears" to be pile up of bad rep for Salvation Mods (I didn't take it that way, but I can see how some might). Fig is right, it's certainly possible for any amp/mod to have issues. On the other hand, as a consumer, there's a certain amount of hesitation that overcomes me, when I'm about to buy something & I'm reading issues about it. Call me a cautious consumer. I definitely see that side of it too. I'm sure no harm was intended.

I've never had the pleasure of owning/playing a Salvation mod. I'm sure they're top notch though, since it sure seems that Anthony takes pride in his work (as all the modders here do).

Mostly, I've owned mods from Jaded Faith... Because I live in the U.S. & it makes calling & shipping a bit easier. So to be totally fair, if I lived somewhere Europe, I'd probably be owning Salvation mods & saying that I haven't had the pleasure of owning Jaded Faith mods. :lol:

I realize most don't have a problem shipping overseas... and I don't really either (aside from the extra time & expense, times 2). It just seems like a hassle to deal with overseas repairs (which I think is the point of this topic).

That being said, I'd be in similar state of limbo, if Rob decided to walk away from MTS. I'd HAVE to find somebody/anybody to repair my gear. I realize Anthony hasn't walked away... I'm sure he'll take good care of his customers. I'm just saying, I sympathize for the original poster's broken mod & hope he finds a good solution that he's content with.

I'm working that out with Johnny Wadd now...the main obstacle at the moment is that this module has once again gone back to working normally! I'll probably still send it to him though.

I'm not really sure where there should be any cause for concern about who works on what. Electronics can break and can occasionally need repair. A qualified tech who is able to identify the problem, repair it cleanly and in a manner that is inline with the owners needs is something that ever player needs. I always think of it as having a good doctor. You may be healthy, but eventually you will need one.

The amp builder community is a amazing brotherhood and I have made some of my best friends being a part of it. Bruce, Trace, Dave, Reinhold and many others are great guys. I have enjoyed our chats, meals, having drinks and long conversations about tone together. I repair amps from many manufacturers regularly. Bruce and Randall refer customers to me all the time. Why? We are all friends, they trust and respect my work and know the customer will be well taken care of.

I repair modules from every single modder regularly. I have respect for all of them and I think it's a big part of why this community is still alive. These things break. Some mods break OFTEN. I have no problem fixing this stuff and find no ethical issue with any of it. I respect every one's work and appreciate the same.

As for the petty drama and "going against the popular opinion", let me say this: It's a far bigger issue and fallacy in the minds of some and I have no idea why. Why anyone would care to waste the time and energy on it? If it really does exist, I certainly don't understand it. I would surely hope Tony and his guys to be as cool and humble as any of the others in our industry. I'd love to share a few beers, dinner and pick each others brain if we ever had the opportunity. The first rounds on me!

So in closing, I'm always happy to fix anything you need repairs on. I would hope that if anyone with my products that should ever need a repair that they would have equal access to a qualified tech as well. It's the nature of what we do!

I don't see this is as pile up on salvation mods at all.
People are allowed to talk about the good experiences with the bad.
Whether those experiences inform or offends is up to the individual reading.

Electronics fail.It happens to the best and worst of electronics.
I live a long way from anywhere and this represents problems with shipping things safely which can result in a lot of things coming loose and or breaking.
This is why I have a good tech who knows how to fix things when they go bad.

davetheslave said:
I don't see this is as pile up on salvation mods at all.
People are allowed to talk about the good experiences with the bad.
Whether those experiences inform or offends is up to the individual reading.

Electronics fail.It happens to the best and worst of electronics.
I live a long way from anywhere and this represents problems with shipping things safely which can result in a lot of things coming loose and or breaking.
This is why I have a good tech who knows how to fix things when they go bad.

Agreed?.Think of the miles some of these mods travel in their lives and the greasy fingers of all you sickos probing around?.OK, mine too?.My point is that despite modders best efforts, these things will break from time to time as all things do?.Having people swapping tubes, checking things out, etc. can certainly add to a higher probability of issues?

I'm an avionics tech on the F/A-18E Super Hornet. I have had my fingers in the most intricately designed systems, as well as the most ancient, cold-war era analog Dino-displays. Electronics fail. Everywhere. And often. Anything manufactured (especially REmanufactured) also comes with a wealth of foreseen and unforeseen repair. Intermittent failure or degraded performance ie: signal loss, incorrect output, crackly knobs (yeah, tech-lingo hahaha)...all that stuff is inevitable and almost expected, no matter if it's a brand new unit or a 1959 dusty circuit.
I WILL SAY that it's really cool to hear Rob's thoughts on the relevant matter discussed here. Even I had the question a few times..."Would it be UNCOOL to send a Salvo to Rob or a European player to send a JF to Tony or etc. for a shorted cap or arced resistor? Or even just for a "Can I get a little more high/low/gain/yaddayadda?" I would naturally think it was fine...but I wouldn't have told anyone here about it, you know what I mean? Hahaha
I think that these guys would get along famously, and perhaps it is us that haven't given them that chance. Our own Hatfield and McCoy, perhaps. But ours, not theirs. Rum's talking now...Jimmy out. \m/

I don't think the thread was aimed against salvation at all? Haha

A guy said he had a problem with one of his mods, I also have the problem with a mod... He just wanted to know the easiest way to have it fixed basically.

It's all love for the modders in here
:D

And Rob, you sir are a true gentleman!

I guess I took this wrong, What I saw was someone asking for help with a repair, and then others started stating that they had problems with theirs - but all directly referring to Salvation mods (no other mods mentioned) - it appeared to me to be sort of "piling on" as I stated.

Then one member stated it made him rethink his decision on a purchase.
(rightfully so, if I heard all that negative press, I'd think twice also)
That is what concerned me because it appeared as though everyone was saying negative things about Salvation.

Honestly I got defensive because I've had nothing but great experiences with Salvation and I've seen my fair share of stray comments from people with 'Long Waits" etc.

I just wanted to stand up for the guy because in my eyes, he gets an unfair rap on this site. (that's my opinion)

All the modders past and present (JF, Salvation, SG, Hilligan, etc.) do great work.
What modules people prefer is a personal preference - some like a plexi, some like a scary, some like it clean others like it dirty.. lol
All electronics are subject to random and sometimes spontaneous failures.

Sorry if I came off wrong to anyone.
I'm very proud to have the best amp system in the world.
Thank you Bruce Egnater for creating MTS!

At the end of the day, we all love tone.. that's why we are MTS'ers

That is all.. :) Again - My apologies sincerely.

I've owned more than 50 salvation mods, including both single and dual channels, both used and new ones. Never had any issues with any of them..

His work is truly top notch, quality components and the tone to die for.

With electronics as with everything in life there are still no 100% guarantees;
For example My MacBook Pro I ordered 7 months ago has already died on me twice, but my HP lingers on, and on..