Best single coil PUP's ?

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

seeker

Reaction score
I want to swap out my old 50's single coils and replace them with noiseless, and hotter pickups. I've tried EMG's and it sounds too much like humbuckers to me. I want to retain the Strat sound in the neck and middle but I need a lead type bridge pickup.
Any advice ?

Do I go with:

a) Lindy Fralin's
b)Suhr
c)Seymour Duncan Pro's
d) Fender Jeff Beck noiseless

Or ?

Thanks,

Howard

K,

Haven't run across those,I'll check them out. I hear the Rio Grandes are good too.

Thanks,

H

Ive never found noiseless single cols that sounded sweet.
The closest anyone has found, according to many tone fiends is
Kinman single coils
Bill Lawrence single coils

Kinman is from Australia and has his own theories oin pickups and Bill Lawrence is one of the pioneers of Music electronics.
I have tried so many DiMarzios,Duncans etc...Its always cool for a little while then you realize its sterile, or lacks dynamics or responds poorly into the amps input. imho

I had the Kinman AVn Blues set in my strat and it was dead quiet. But I decided I liked the Suhr V60LPs better even with the noise so I swapped them in.

I have the Kinmans for sale. If youre interested, PM me.

I dont have any money for pickups right now...but as I said...many tone freaks admit Kinman has gotten the closest to the real deal without the noise.
And I have a sentimental attachment to Voodoo pickups, and some of the Bill Lawrences.

I absolutely love my Bill Lawrence Noiseless set. They aren't quite as glassy as the real deal, especially for positions 2 & 4 on a strat, but the neck is great and the bridge is the best I've ever heard especially for rock.

Try the Suhr noiseless wiring system. Can be used with any pickups of your choice and knocks down a good deal of the hum.