POST YOUR DUALIES!!

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
webrthomson said:
Here is my $0.02:

IMAG0033_zps75a26e09.jpg

Love Rob's work :D

That covers a lot of ground.

Thanks dude - they make me smile every time I hit a chord!

Rob's work is great! Some of the tones are just staggering, I A/B'ed my XTC against a friends XTC 101B and on every mode it was right on the mark and my RM100 (+dual mod + Foglifter) gave the XTC as good as it got :)

To be fair Drew we do have to give it a "We're not worthy" to your module collection it's staggering!!! :D :shock: :D

webrthomson said:
Rob's work is great! Some of the tones are just staggering, I A/B'ed my XTC against a friends XTC 101B and on every mode it was right on the mark and my RM100 (+dual mod + Foglifter) gave the XTC as good as it got :)

I hear you on the Ecstasy vs JF XTC. I've decided the Bogner can go. It's sad because it's such a great amp, but I really only use the Blue Channel and Rob replicated it perfectly for me.

Here's my Custom One Off Jaded Faith modules.

59 BJA
DSCN0003_zpsbfd30588.jpg

XTC Dual Blue
DSCN0005_zps8fb0efe2.jpg

Dual Tweed
DSCN0009_zps8a84f6b8.jpg

SL-OD 100 Dual OD
DSCN0024_zpsb75baeff.jpg

Toxin
Say what you will, I love C.C.'s tone on Flesh & Blood as well as Open Up... So, go ahead and flame away. I'm just a doddering old man.
DSCN0030_zps73413715.jpg

drewiv said:
Toxin
Say what you will, I love C.C.'s tone on Flesh & Blood as well as Open Up... So, go ahead and flame away. I'm just a doddering old man.
DSCN0030_zps73413715.jpg

I would love to flame you for this... but in truth I like his tone on those 2 albums as well. :shock: Face plate looks great by the way.

Finally some people with a real XTC or who have A/B'd the real deal in a room and can speak to the accuracy of the JF XTC. I have been thinking about one of these but unsure if I should proceed on one. I wasn't convinced by the sounds of the blue pedal vs the blue channel and am hoping this is going to be 90% there. I'm mainly interested in a green/plexi/blue channel but hell, maybe the red can be fun too. I've got a KH-2 sitting around, maybe it'll get a facelift.

Kapo_Polenton said:
Finally some people with a real XTC or who have A/B'd the real deal in a room and can speak to the accuracy of the JF XTC. I have been thinking about one of these but unsure if I should proceed on one. I wasn't convinced by the sounds of the blue pedal vs the blue channel and am hoping this is going to be 90% there. I'm mainly interested in a green/plexi/blue channel but hell, maybe the red can be fun too. I've got a KH-2 sitting around, maybe it'll get a facelift.

I got a Blue Pedal as well, VERY disappointing - very. I'm quite upset at having to sell the Bogner. I can't justify owning that amp and using the Blue Channel nearly exclusively. The Bogner obviously has more options than the module, but I described to Rob what I wanted out of it and he hit it on the head.

HAving never owned a Bogner, what would you say are the limiting factors between the standard JF XTC and the real amp? All the structure switches and the boost?

Kapo_Polenton said:
HAving never owned a Bogner, what would you say are the limiting factors between the standard JF XTC and the real amp? All the structure switches and the boost?

Obviously the Boost functions, I really do like that on the Bogner. I do have two Structure Switches, so I feel I'm pretty covered there. You can get a Plexi Switch, but you'd have to talk to Rob if he can fit that with the Dual Structure Switches. I'm quite covered in Marshall tones, so I really didn't feel I needed the Plexi Mode. While different, I do feel that the Plexi Mode really tries to take the amp to the Marshall zone. The thing is, all I wanted was the Blue Channel x2 and I basically use CH B as the Boost function. I don't care for the Red all that much and would prefer to use something like my Dual OD SL-OD as the Lead when using the Bogner Blue (they match up quite well, IMO) and I'd also prefer using a different clean over the Ecstasy Green. I don't hate on the Green Channel, but it certainly isn't a Shiva, Mesa or Fender Clean (for me).

Some really great insight here for those of us that are contemplating what modules to get modded. I have 2 donors sitting around and have been waiting for the right ones to get modded. The blue channel might end up on one of them.

Man... I think I want one of these... I think I'm digging the clips of the Red channel... The BLue is definitely cool too... I'm gonna call Rob & see what all can be done... 8)

drewiv said:

It's really funny you mention that module. Rob and I just talked about it and how much I hate him for it. :lol: Mine does not have Plexi Mode, as you can see it has two structure switches. You'll have to ask Rob how he wired it after listening to my somewhat incoherent ramblings. Basically, I wanted two Blue Channels to dial in separately. I love the Ecstasy pretty much for the Blue; I can live without both the Green and Red channels on that amp. The Green is good, but nothing to write home about in my opinion and the Red just isn't my style.

This module is so good I was crying to Rob about having to sell my Bogner. This is the pic I sent him asking why he had to do this to me. This is an OLD Bogner Ecstasy. It is awesome, but I rarely take it off the Blue Channel. It will sadly be for sale shortly.

My Single Channel XTC sounds phenomenal...Blue or Red channel and I love the Structure switch!

The limitation on a dual is it has to be a Dual Blue or a Dual Red.

JKD said:

You can get a Blue/Red switch, but you are correct in both channels will either be Red or Blue depending on switch engagement. I opted for a second Structure Switch and Sweep.

Hey SALVAGED, if you get a JF XTC I highly recommend the additional mid sweep. Works well with this one and adds a ton of tone shaping capability.

Wow, thanks for the info, guys!! I'm extremely interested in the XTC. You've got me considering the red/blue swtich & sweep. My other mods are fairly straight-forward (I'm not much of switch flipper)... but this mod might be a good one to have tons of options, for those times I DO feel like tone-tweaking... :lol:

drewiv said:
JKD said:

You can get a Blue/Red switch, but you are correct in both channels will either be Red or Blue depending on switch engagement. I opted for a second Structure Switch and Sweep.

The second Structure switch is genius - that way can have distinctly different gain levels even though both channels are Red or Blue?

JKD said:
The second Structure switch is genius - that way can have distinctly different gain levels even though both channels are Red or Blue?

Correct, and they are voiced differently to give a wide palate of gain colors to chose from.

Latest posts