Messing about with some salvo mods

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Rossness

Reaction score
I recorded a clip with my iphone of a Stonerverb, TerrierII and MarkUS. I did clean and dirty tones. I was just mucking about, but thought I'd share.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_g80kFealvU

The run down is awesome. The iPhone is a tough recording device, me thinks. I've owned all of those modules and the iPhone, sadly, makes them all sound much more similar than they truly are. Ross, not a slam on you. I appreciate you taking the time to do this for the community. I just thought I'd throw that out there for the community as well. Nice vid, and thanks for doing it.

EDIT: Listening to it through headphones, helped a ton. Note: listening on an iPad is not a good way to assess anything. Again, nice vid.

They all sounded great Ross but I really liked the markUS best!

Another one of my favorite amps is the Mesa Boogie Mark IV and from the clip it definitely had that vibe to it.

This is why Love MTS because we can have almost any amp sound we want in a module!

Thanx for posting and sharing!

Cheers

The Beast said:
They all sounded great Ross but I really liked the markUS best!

Another one of my favorite amps is the Mesa Boogie Mark IV and from the clip it definitely had that vibe to it.

This is why Love MTS because we can have almost any amp sound we want in a module!

Thanx for posting and sharing!

Cheers

My feelings on them are:

Unless I want channel switching, I have no reason for an Orange Rockerverb. I had one for 2 years and the Stonerverb absolutely nails it 100%.

I don't think I captured it well, but the Terrier is awesome. It makes me want to buy a Pitbull CLX. I find it very fun to play. I like it both clean and dirty. It sounds very Hi-Fi.

The Mark US is the best MTS module out there. I've played most of them and the module is better than a friggin' MarkV! Need I say more?

I sold a bunch of my mts gear, but these are the "pry out of my cold dead hands modules" The camerock wasn't in this demo, but its great too.

Rocking some Mr Scary......loving the funky string colors! \m/

MarkUS sounds best.

Hey Rossness, I just got a Terrier II. Wondering if you can share approximate settings you like.
Mine has the voicing sweep, 3 position edge, shift, hi gain and deep switches.
Not sure if ours are exactly the same.

nitrous12 said:
Hey Rossness, I just got a Terrier II. Wondering if you can share approximate settings you like.
Mine has the voicing sweep, 3 position edge, shift, hi gain and deep switches.
Not sure if ours are exactly the same.

Gain: Maxed
Gain Voicing: 10 O'clock
B: 10 O'clock
M: 2 O'clock
T: 1 O'clock
Volume: Noon
Master presence: 1:30
Master Depth: maxed

Switches-
Deep- On
High Gain: On
Shift: on
Edge: off

I boost mine with a Visual sound Double trouble

Also, its being played through an EVH 4x12 cab loaded with Celestion EVH greenback speakers.