Just bought an RM100, module suggestions?

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

7 Dying Trees

Reaction score
Ok, so I've been looking to score one of these cheap ever since I used one for a recording session, and one finally popped up last night and I got it.

It's got:
Tweet
Ultra Lead
1086 (Dan Donegan signature)

Modules in it.

Now, I don't actually know much about this amp other than that the modules can be replaced, so, I have a few questions:

1) What are good modules to get?

2) I am not adverse to self modding, what are good mods to do to the amp, and does anyone have schematics / howto guides or links to the above for them?

3) Is it possible to get the chassis for the modules, and to roll your own preamp, are there schematics for this?

4) Aby other recommendations, tips, tricks, links to good threads I can read that you guys know about?

Now, when it comes to module recommendations, I believe there is a module that is close in sound to the ubershaller? What is it?

Also, I already have a 5150 bias modded block letter, a mesa roadking II, a VHT UL so not really looking for modules that are like the sounds those amps already cover!

Style wise, I like both good solid metal tones, and the more bluesy end of the spectrum. Clean wise, just looking for a good clean module that has that "sparkle" factor, kinda glassy.

Anyway, sorry for all the questions, I am pretty stoked at picking it up this evening, and then finding out what I can do to mod it and make it even more glorious as an amp!

Cheers for all your help in advance,

James

Welcome... Briefly,
Uberschall = Jaded Faith "Ubersonic"
Glassy clean = Jaded Faith "Super clean"
Bluesy clean = Jaded Faith "Vybe Deluxe"

Check out the Jaded Faith and Salvation Mods websites. Both are active modders that put out some really great stuff. Their descriptions should help you understand what they are replicating. Then come search here and ask any additional questions you may have.
You will also see some talk about Gigmods and Sacred Groove. Both are no longer actively modding, but put out some great stuff that still comes up used. Its a little tough to get info on some of those, but there are folks here that have experience you can lean on.

Good luck and welcome!

7 Dying Trees said:
Where do I get hold of these modules? Is it a board member or a website?

www.jadedfaithmods.com and www.salvationsmods.com

Check the Classifieds here on the board too.

nitrous12 said:
7 Dying Trees said:

Cool, been having a look through modules, and pretty much know my bank balance is going to get handicapped...

Any mods to the amp itsself that are worth doing?

7 Dying Trees said:

I highly recommend the JF Foglifter, Salvation also offers a version...best 35 bucks you'll ever spend. That and a JJ or NOS 5751 in P1.

7 Dying Trees said:
nitrous12 said:
7 Dying Trees said:

Cool, been having a look through modules, and pretty much know my bank balance is going to get handicapped...

http://www.jadedfaithmods.com/foglifters.html

or

Salvation has an MDA board that does similar things.

+1 on the Foglifter, it made a big difference on my Lynch Box!!!
Plus it's the most inexpensive MTS product that one can get.
Best bang for the buck in my opinion.

As for an MTS version of the Uberschall
I have the Sacred Groove Afterlife module which sounds Totally Killer!!!

But Scott unfortunately is not doing any mods right now.

The good news is Rob at Jaded Faith offers a Ubersonic module
and from the clips I have listen to it sounds Awesome as well.

There is a clip on YouTube of Rob being interviewed and
near the end of the clip they demo the Ubersonic.
I don't have the link but if you do a search on YouTube for Jaded Faith Amp Mods 2013 LA Amp show you will find it.

Cheers