Examples of how modules sound in studio songs?

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shockmaster

Reaction score
Could any MTS users post any mastered or unmastered, full-band studio examples of how these sound in the context of real songs?

I'm interested in DIY, home studio recordings with prosumer gear, as well as MTS modules in use at professional studios. Recordings with singers, bass players and drummers on real acoustic kits.

To my ears, I think the demo clips of MTS modules all by themselves sound excellent. But I think that's the point. Similar to the preset patches on synths.

It's another thing to actually have an amp in a mix with a hi-pass filter and EQ, drums and bass and a singer, and compression on the mix bus.

Good amp tones to me are a means to an end. I'm curious to see how MTS modules hold up in that regard.

If you could post a song clip below and let me know which module you used, that'd be great. Thanks!

Here's a track from my original band Anthems & Echoes called "Yearbook". I played all the guitars and it features my Super Clean, SL-OD100 and Cali-Lead modules playing nice with plenty of vocal and synth layers:

https://soundcloud.com/jaded-faith-mods/yearbook

We aren't what I consider a "guitar-driven" band at all. All my guitar work serves to support the vocals and the song itself. I engineered and produced the track in my studio here at Jaded Faith Mods. The drums are a DW kit, the bass is a EBMM Stingray and the guitars are a Les Paul and a 2000 PRS Single Cut. This is a studio mix, non-mastered.

I think MikeP has a ton of mastered clips on here...he's a bit of a wizard with the dials!

Rob had a couple of my entire dong clips on his site. If they are not still there, PM me and I will get you something