List of modules from the modders

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mr.air

Reaction score
Since I haven't been in the MTS game so long I sometimes find it hard to navigate the modders waters (intended pun). There's a lot of mods floating around from different modders and it can be hard/impossible to figure out what the mods are recreations of if their names don't imply some sort of similarity with the amp.

It's easy with Salvation and Jaded Faith stuff as they have homepages describing the mods, but what about the mods from SG, Voodoo and so on...

So I hope the more experienced crowd would help out creating a list of mods and the amps they try to capture as it would be great with a back catalogue for all the MTS mods.

I've only been here for a short couple of years, maybe less. What I've learned of the two major payers, Salvation/Jaded Faith is that:

(and this is not to discredit either)

Salvation tries to nail the actual sound of the amps he is reverse engineering. I believe his goal is to, as accurately as possible, get the sound you'd expect from the brand amp.

Jaded does this as well, but does not attempt to get it dead nuts on. he chooses to interpret these amps and put in some of his own into the mods he does.

Voodoo is supposed to be wonderful but I've never heard them-great prices

Friedman is still working in MTS and will do some work for you if you ask---he is a master amp designer/builder and everyone has raved about their mods as far as I've read

Sacred Groove is on hiatus

All of the mods I've had have been miles above the stock ones. Just depends on what you're looking for. Your speakers, tubes, guitars and technique will have another huge factor in what you are trying to achieve.

this has been my limited experience here

Hiya,

It might be easier if you tell us what mods are in question....There's so many and recently there have even been overlaps in names of mods - so I understand the confusion...

Voodoo is here - http://www.voodooamps.com/home/Modifications/AMPMODIFICATIONS/RandallMods/tabid/387/Default.aspx

SG's Afterlife is Bogner Uberschall, MK22 is 70s Plexi with some balls, cc30 is Vox custom classic, that's just off the top of my head...

Cheers,
Fig

One that comes to mind is the Voodoo Tsunami. I think it's some sort of Marshall, but really don't know.

Mattfig said:
Hiya,

SG's Afterlife is Bogner Uberschall, MK22 is 70s Plexi with some balls, cc30 is Vox custom classic, that's just off the top of my head...

Is SG back in action? i know Gigmods is defunct.....gigity

mr.air said:
One that comes to mind is the Voodoo Tsunami. I think it's some sort of Marshall, but really don't know.

I read this and plugged into mine for a 1/2 hour. It's one of my favorites modules and my top Voodoo module. Yes, it's very Marshall, but has a unique flavor and feel. Sorry, I'm horrible at describing tone, so I can't give you the eloquent words some people can to describe a sound.

If you're curious about the Tsunami, there's one in the classifieds. I believe it's my old single channel by the description of custom faceplate and knobs. It's a dandy!

There is a list of what Sacred Groove had posted a little over a year back. It listed mods and the amps they were based on. As far as I recall it's the only complete list.

As for Salvation and Jaded faith you should look here:

http://www.jadedfaithmods.com/mts-mods.html

And on Salvation's page the photos aren't showing all the mods listed, but click the names and the info and image will come up.

http://salvationmods.com/index.php?page=modifications

On VOODOO this is as close as I've found...
http://www.voodooamps.com/home/Modifications/AMPMODIFICATIONS/RandallMods/tabid/387/Default.aspx

The other mods? I don't know of a web presence for them, unless you find a demo on YouTube.

Well here goes...from memory...Had many of these and if I didnt I heard about em- Aside from Salvation and JF (and Voodoo for that matter) that still have websites and info- Here is what I can remember from SG and to a lesser extent- Gigmods,... (I didnt have many of these) Hilligan and Friedman...

Veterans of the board...feel free to add if you remember more...

Sacred Groove-

Diablo (Pre 500 recto)
MK22 (Marshall)
MK22+ (plenty of info these two out there/Marshall!!)
Criminal (5150 I think?)
AC30 (or similar name- Vox mod)
XTC LE (Bogner Ecstasy)
Fisch (Bogner Fisch)
Numbskull (Rivera- Yes he had this first)
Afterlife (Uberschall)
Bully (more EVH type Marshall tones)
Many one off mods (enhancements to stockers)

Gigmods-
Ecstasy
Mark (Mesa Mark tones)
Recto (Rectifier)
Plexi
Slodano (SLO)
1087 (Higher gain 1086)
Ultra XL/Ultra (combo mod/switchable)
SL+ (Gold plate/Monster Marshall)

Then there's Hilligan (awesome mods!)

Snorkeler (based on Bogner modified Marshall/Cantrell)
Scorch (Mesa/Marshall hybrid)
XTC
Myshall (Jeff's personal Marshall tones)
AFD mod (Slash)

Friedman (same...simple but excellent tone!)

Brown Eye
Hairy Brown Eye
Various one off mods to older stockers (Ive seen one Recto and one Soldano mod for sale over the years done by Friedman)

Thats about all I can remember over the last few years!
8)

Who makes the best JCM800 module for old thrash (Ride the Lightning, Reign in Blood, old celtic frost, uh, Motorhead)?

Right now I think the JF Quick Mod GT fits the bill the best but aren't any videos or recordings of people using it for heavy riffing.