Please recommend high gain modules

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hot Rod

Reaction score
Please recommend me 4 high gain mods modules for 80/90s HR/HM,
Any modders like Jaded Faith, SG, Voodoo, Salvation they all seem good, Which mods modules are your favorite?
Thanks!

For metal I would have look at JF snakebite (Framus cobra) and ?bersonic (Bogner ?berschall) plus Salvation Angel E (Engel) and Mamba (Framus cobra) these seems to be the go to modules for metal, but might be over the top for your needs.

The salvation Camerock or Camerica might be good choices. They'll defenitely do the 80s and 90s hard rock/metal. Both Salvation and JF has a module based on the Peavey 5150 if that's what you fancy.

For the 80's stuff - either Salvation - Mash-oldano or Salvado deluxe, or JF 59RR Custom or SL-OD100.
For the 90's stuff - JF XTC or Salvation Xtacy or SG XTC LE...

There are so excelent mods and not enough cash....Voodoo mods too...

What flavor are you looking for? There are TONS of mods that fall into the 80's-90's zone. Everyone has their personal favorites, but knowing what you are looking for would help.

If you want to cover the spectrum of MTS high gain:

*Please allow me to preface this by saying that these are my fave mods (mostly Salvation Mods, yes), others prefer different and that is a lovely thing in MTS...

You will need Brutal - Afterlife, Mamba are my faves ... There are lots of versions of these out there...

You will need Heavy - Camerock, MarkUS, Stonerverb, Salvado Dlx, etc.

You will need Crunchy - Vishnu, Graphic OR, Stoner AD, MK22, Bully, etc ...

Or all in ones that can do it all - MarkUS can do cleans thru means as can Buddy, Stonerverb...

Many thanks for replied,
The sounds that I'm looking for is tight lowend, grit mids,
no harsh treble, more harmonics, more saturation,
I know maybe this is over request, but as closer can get will be perfect,
Any further advice, experience of them would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Hot Rod said:
Many thanks for replied,

They all have lots of opinions....Just look thru the forum a bit and you'll find tons of info....

For what your looking for the SG Afterlife will 100% do it, however they are next to impossible to get.

Good Luck with your search.

Don't forget the stockers

Mr Scary - Modded Marshall/Soldano
Grail - Mesa Recto
SL+ - Modded Marshall/ JCM 800

Good bang for the buck with these three modules. :)

Hot Rod said:
Many thanks for replied,

This sounds like you're looking for a JF SL-OD or Salvation Salvado. Check out Rossness' Douchy Douchebag, if it's still for sale.

The JF Trilogy has a crazy amount of compression and saturation. It is extremely heavy plus it has a very active Midrange Sweep knob.

msm222 said:
The JF Trilogy has a crazy amount of compression and saturation. It is extremely heavy plus it has a very active Midrange Sweep knob.

Was actually thinking the same thing....I remember my Trilogy had tons and tons of compression and saturation....More than any module I ever have owned....

SG Rectifier/Diablo, Salvation Angel, SG MK19 (Bully).

The guitar and pickups as well as the key of the song and tuning play a huge role in which module I choose.

Thanks you guys for kindly point the direction,
I already own some stocks modules and plan to get some mods modules,
I already found Salvation and Jaded Faith clips which really helps,
Where can I hear those Voodoo, Sacred Groove, Hilligan Scorch or Friedman module sound clips (miking is better)?
Thank you for helping!

Hot Rod said:
Where can I hear those Voodoo, Sacred Groove, Hilligan Scorch or Friedman module sound clips (miking is better)?
Thank you for helping!

I usually just Google the mod and listen to the clips posted in this forum that show up in the search results. I also search Youtube and watch/listen to the clips that come up in the search results.

gtrlw said:
Hot Rod said:
Thank you for helping!

I usually just Google the mod and listen to the clips posted in this forum that show up in the search results. I also search Youtube and watch/listen to the clips that come up in the search results.
I did searching youtube but mostly there are no miking video so it's difficult to hear is the tone good or bad, therefore I looking for decent miking clips even just only sound clips is better for judge, so need some help here, thanks.

Hi, please point me where can I hear the SG XTC LE and Douchey ******** sound clips (with miking would be better)
Thanks!