Fog Lifter Vs MDA Board

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kapo, I totally agree. I have the RM-Scott Ian head, which is probably the last head produced before Randall discontinued the line, and think it sounds great. I've wondered if the Foglifter or MDA would make any difference since my RM100SI isn't dark, muddy, or any of the other complaints I've read about with the RM100 amps. I just wish there was a clear, concise answer though.

The difference will be more subtle on one with the correct values at the start. But there is a difference on both. I sent Rob my boards from both my RM100 (older with incorrect values) and my RM50 (newer with correct values) to be Foglifted.. The RM100 was night and day as the values were wrong from the start. The RM50 did make a noticeable difference as well. More thump in the bottom end and overall clearer and smoother through the whole range.
I don't know about the MDA, never heard one.

The foglifters are pretty inexpensive and easy to install. So if you are on the fence about trying one I say go for it. It is easy enough to return the amp to stock by replacing the original board if you don't like the foglifter.