• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Synergy/MTS Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

FS:Bugera TriRec and Krank Krankenstein

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alowerdeep

Reaction score
Bugera TriRec:THis head sounds awesome,just like a real Mesa,but better cleans than the single,dual and triple rectos have....the head is loaded with features and comes with a footswitch.....still have the original factory box.....These are not in stock at most places,took me a while to get it,but Im going to move it,I have firmly decided on what I want to use live.......$635 shipped in the conus

Krank Krankenstein:This is the original version and sounds great,great cleans as well....I do not get all the criticism with kranks.....this this has the most articulate tone,monster low end and mids that will cut your head off,really shakes the floor and that is onlt with the volume on 3....lol....Ive rehearsed with it quite a few times.....I just prefer the Plus.....$600 shipped in the conus or I would swap this for a Krankenstein Plus head.........also have a footswitch for it....

Both heads are in great shape and very clean,especially the TriRec,being that is isnt very old.......not really interested in trading,unless you have a Krankenstein plus head.........

Tonally, what are you hearing as the differences between the original Krankenstein and the Plus version? I think they changed tubes and beefed up some components, but I'm curious how much it changed the original tone that Dime approved.

speed2dirt said:
Tonally, what are you hearing as the differences between the original Krankenstein and the Plus version? I think they changed tubes and beefed up some components, but I'm curious how much it changed the original tone that Dime approved.

They are similar,but I like the plus becasue it seems to have a more open feel to the lows....the original has more focused and tight lows and the od has more of a sizzle to it like a Recto,but not as fizzy.. ....very articulate and cutting like a soldano....the open feel may be the result of the kt88's in it,dont know,just liked it better.....may be becasue I have had it longer and am used to it.....lol.....but both of these heads are killer......just dont want to keep four heads around....